The Business & Legal Affairs Department supports the various business units of Telemundo Media principally in the areas of vendor engagement, development, production, licensing and distribution.
The Associate Counsel, Business & Legal Affairs is an entry level attorney position that will support the VP – Business & Legal Affairs and other attorneys in the department. Responsibilities include:
• Under supervision of a senior attorney, negotiate, draft, review and interpret an extensive range of agreements, including, but not limited to, vendor, distribution, rights acquisition, production, and license agreements.
• Under supervision of a senior attorney, conduct rights analyses of various agreements relating to Telemundo intellectual property, for discussion and analysis within the department and with key business stakeholders.
• Assist with creating deal summaries and maintaining and otherwise administering day-to-day contractual and operational matters, including preparation letters and memoranda to internal and external clients, presentations to senior-level management, etc.
• Provide general advice and support to the business.
• Generally support the other attorneys and professionals in the department.
• Other duties as assigned.
• JD degree and US bar membership.
• 1-2 years' previous experience as a lawyer in an entertainment law firm or business/legal affairs position at a network or entertainment company.
• Superior communication, interpersonal, drafting, analytical and organizational skills.
• Excellent written and verbal skills. Ability to conduct business bilingually in Spanish and English preferred.
• Proficient in Outlook Calendar, Contacts.
• Proficient in Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
Additional Job Requirements
• Must be willing to work in the greater Miami area, Florida.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Willingness to travel and work on weekends with short notice.
• Must be willing to facilitate personnel requirements including late and/or last minute scheduling changes in a 24/7 production work environment.
• Ability to respond quickly and effectively to client concerns, questions and issues.
• High level of integrity and discretion.
• Ability to juggle multiple projects and tasks.
• Ability to work with a large and disperse team of many different backgrounds.
• Excellent client service and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to exercise proper judgment to assess priorities.
• Resourceful, proactive, assertive, detail-oriented and energetic.
• Self-starter, high level of motivation, ability to work independently.
• Ability to adapt to changing responsibilities and multiple assignments.
• Excellent organization and follow up skills.
• Ability to work well under pressure and with tight time constraints.
• Proven ability to make effective decisions and solve problems.
• Superior time management and organizational skills.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk3910-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.