Associate Producer's primary responsibilities are to:
• Conceptualize and write Spanish language news stories and banners
• Check scripts for accuracy and grammar
• Curate and upload content for OTT / digital platforms
• Coordinate script and storyline with correct video sources and graphics for news briefs
• Coordinate field reporters to ensure on-time broadcast
• Log news and inform the producer of available material that can be used in their newscast
• Produce and write breaking news under short deadline
• Bilingual with excellent Spanish language skills and strong ability to communicate in English
• A minimum of 1-year experience working at a top 40 market television station as a producer or associate producer. Must be able to produce and edit on an electronic news producing system.
• Knowledge of OTT / Digital systems and platforms
• BA or Equivalent
• Must submit a resume/CV online
• Able to work a Flexible Schedule and Shifts (including morning, day, nights and weekends)
• Must be willing to work at the station in Miramar location
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• No relocation benefits available.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or must undergo regular COVID-19 testing if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Able to work extended and flexible hours during holidays, hurricanes, emergency situations and breaking news events
• Knowledge of South Florida Preferred
• Experience in a news environment
• Knowledge and understanding of various media platform, including broadcast, web and mobile.
• Strong computer skills
• Knowledge of Entertainment news and local events
• Passion to develop and present story ideas
• Strong news writing skills
• Ability to write, edit, produce and gather content under heavy deadline pressure, without compromising accuracy or credibility.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqy7b9-34-231-147-28-42 in your application.