NBCUniversal's Owned Television station in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, KXAS TV, is looking for a highly organized Assignment Desk Editor. As an NBC5/Telemundo 39 Assignment Desk Editor, you will gather information and set up stories, react aggressively to breaking news, update our digital platforms including NBCDFW.com and contribute story ideas.
• Assign reporters, photographers, and other personnel to cover stories
• Monitor social media, police radios, electronic/printed sources for potential news content
• Post stories & content to NBCDFW.com and NBC5's social media channels
• Assist producers, reporters, and photographers with researching stories and gathering information
• Answer newsroom phones and respond to viewer e-mails
• Set up and coordinate live remotes in-house and in the field
• Minimum 3 years experience working on a television media
• Previous work experience requiring organization and research skills
• Self-starter with great social media skills and strong news judgment
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be willing to work in Fort Worth, just south of DFW Airport
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have a valid driver's license
• Must have the ability to work any of a 24 x 7 shift
• Must be available to work overtime, evenings, weekends and holidays as needed or required
• Must accept Solutions as NBCUniversal's Alternative Dispute Resolution program
• Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience
• Bi-Lingual English/Spanish
• Must work well under pressure.
• Knowledge of Dallas-Fort Worth market.
• Ability to generate contacts and react quickly and aggressively to breaking news and developing stories
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3k6mq-3-87-33-97-42 in your application.