The Assignment Editor is responsible for arranging and coordinating news content. This position will report to the News Director.
• Arrange and coordinate news content and interviews for producers/talent
• Be the contact person for community communications
• Coordinate and assist journalists
• Collaborate with NBC and other Telemundo Stations and entities to establish live shots and remotes, and other news content
• Work closely with Producers on story/sweeps planning and coordination
• Monitors scanners and news sources
• Answer and respond to phone calls, emails, mail, and other communication methods
• Research and organize details and facts on story ideas
• Other duties as assigned.
• At least 3 years' experience as an Assignment Editor
• Ability to work on weekends and holidays
• Must be willing to work in the Los Angeles, CA area
• Must be fluent in Spanish (speak, read & write)
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have a valid driver's license
• Ability to react quickly and urgently to breaking news
• Great phone etiquette, organizational skills, news judgment
• Strong English/Spanish, reading, writing and speaking
• Good overall knowledge of Los Angeles area and Hispanic community
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmwj06-52-205-167-104-42 in your application.