NBC Universal's Owned, Spanish Language, Television station in the Houston DMA, KTMD TV Telemundo Houston, has a rare opportunity for a detailed oriented, multi-skilled, full-time APC Operator within our engineering and production department.
• Primary job responsibilities include coding and technical execution of local news and programming utilizing the Ross Overdrive Automated Production Control environment.
• Direction of Talent and other production crew members
• Robotic camera control system operation
• Responsible for the ultimate technical quality of all News productions.
• Position requires some editing using a non-linear editing system.
• Additional duties as needed/assigned
• Minimum 3 years solid, medium to large sized market, local news TD/ Directing experience with Ross Overdrive Production Automation, or similar.
• Experience with advanced production switcher operation and setup, manual and automated graphics play out, robotic camera operation and playback server operations
• Must have strong oral /written communication, interpersonal skills and the ability to work accurately under pressure and deadlines.
• Bi-lingual English/Spanish oral proficiency
• External applicants must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Must be able a flexible schedule.
• This position is based at the Telemundo Houston Station
• Must be 18 years or greater
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must exhibit strong leadership skills
• Self-motivated, highly creative
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqqk09-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.