KXAS-TV and KXTX -TV, the NBCUniversal television stations in DFW, are looking for a dynamic Account Executive to join the Local Sales team. This position is primarily responsible for maintaining and growing sales revenue, as well as cultivating and developing new advertisers for the station's multi-platform properties. The ability to work at the local level with clients of all levels of business is paramount, from large cap, medium and small businesses, in addition to exploring unique paths to procure business. The Account Executive will be expected to meet quarterly and annual targets by servicing existing clients as well as identifying and prospecting new business. This position requires an individual with a keen ability to develop concepts to create, incrementally grow and maintain sales revenue by connecting a corporation's marketing goals seamlessly with the entire portfolio of NBC Local Media content distribution platforms. This position also requires the understanding of non-linear sales and the ability to sell these platforms .
• Own, manage, and develop relationships with clients, agencies and advertisers through day-day interaction
• Generate and increase revenue from an established account list to meet and exceed annual revenue goals
• Embrace, understand, target, pitch and secure integrated marketing, and non-linear platforms to meet these revenue goals.
• Create customized solutions for local clients that will demonstrate the power of NBC Local Media with the ultimate goal of monetizing NBC DFW properties.
• Ascertain and market to previously untapped, emerging and traditional brands and businesses to drive revenue through negotiating and selling the value and benefit of TV, mobile, digital, out-of-home and all other multi-marketing platforms
• Develop growth revenue by focusing on ''conversion'' targets from competitive media including radio, print, digital, out of home, cable, events, etc.
• Organize management of a business opportunity pipeline and sharp revenue forecasting.
• Learn NBC Salesforce systems and Traffic/Order flow processes and create presentations using MS EXCEL.
• Effectively present sales proposal and sales pitches to internal and external clients.
• BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
• Minimum 5 years of experience in media sales and/or marketing roles with a successful track record of generating increased sales
• Knowledge of media research and measurement products
• Must have a valid driver's license, the ability to drive and own a vehicle for transportation to and from client meetings
• Proven success selling non-linear AD solutions including OTT/CTV
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV to this job through www.nbcunicareers.com
• Must be 18 years or greater
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in United States
• Must have a valid driver's license
• Must be willing to work at the station just south of DFW Airport
• Must accept Solutions, NBCUniversal's Dispute Resolution Program
• Agency, television, production, creative marketing and/or other brand entertainment experience is preferred
• Solutions-oriented thinker with the ability to quickly understand and assess opportunities and/or problems and be able to respond with creative ideas and solutions
• Strong communication and presentation skills, both oral and written
• Excellent computer skills with MS programs: Excel, PPT, Word and ability to create innovative presentation decks with expertise
• Adept at prospecting, generating proposals and closing the sale
• Perceptive, insightful and intuitive abilities
• Ability to creatively analyze and react to a variety of sales challenges
• Ability to multi-task while staying organized and focused
• Broad based knowledge of traditional and emerging media platforms
• Innovative approach to a changing market place
• Enthusiastic and positive team player within the organization
• Competitive with a desire to win
• Creative problem solver with strong analytical aptitude
• Self-starter and motivator who can thrive in both corporate and start-up environments
• Must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule and be available some evening hours as needed for client events
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw754k-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.