NBC4 / Telemundo44 / NBC Sports Washington (NBCU Local Washington) is seeking to fill the position of Sales Account Executive. This position is responsible for delivering sales revenue, as well as cultivating and developing new advertisers for the station's multi-platform properties. The ability to work at the local and national level with clients of all tiers of business is paramount, from large capital, medium and small local businesses, in addition to exploring unique paths to procure business revenue. The Sales Account Executive will be expected to identify, prospect and close new business and service an existing client roster. This position requires an individual with a keen ability to develop concepts to create, incrementally grow and maintain sales revenue by connecting a corporation's marketing goals seamlessly with the entire portfolio of NBCU Local in Washington and all media content distribution platforms.
• Own, manage, and develop relationships with clients, agencies and advertisers through day-to-day interaction
• Develop new business revenue. Prospect, target, pitch and secure new sources of marketing, advertising, promotional and event revenue for all NBCU Local Washington programming, sponsorships, events and special opportunities.
• Create customized solutions for local and national clients that will demonstrate the power and extensive portfolio of NBCU Local Washington along with the monetization of all properties and platforms.
• Ascertain and market to previously untapped, emerging and traditional brands and businesses; drive revenue through successful negotiating and closing skills, in order to recommend and sell the value and benefit of Linear, Mobile, Digital, Out-Of-Home, and Over-The-Top Sponsorships, Sports, Community and Event Marketing opportunities, etc.
• Position both the General Market and Spanish Language marketplace, opportunities across various categories to generate demand for NBCU Local Washington
• Create and present customized solutions in an accurate and comprehensive manner that positions the NBC / Telemundo / NBC Sports Triopoly as the ONLY multiple platform solution across the entire United States Footprint
• Develop growth revenue by focusing on ''conversion'' targets from competitive media including Radio, Print, Digital, Out-Of-Home, Cable, etc.
• Organized management of a business opportunity pipeline and sharp revenue forecasting
• Learn all NBCU Local Washington CRM sales data management systems, Traffic/Order flow processes and create presentations using PPT, MS EXCEL, CLEARSLIDE, etc.
• Participate in team and station initiatives, as well as special sales and community events
• Maintain a current knowledge of audience impressions, programs and competitive landscape and conditions in the local and national marketing/advertising marketplaces
• Maintain astute knowledge of current industry trends
• Minimum 2 years of experience in sales and/or marketing roles start-up, media company experience
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
• Ability to work a flexible schedule and be available some evening and weekend hours, as needed for client or station events
• Must have valid driver's license and reliable transportation to and from client meetings
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV to this job through www.nbcunicareers.com
• Must be 18 years or greater
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be willing to work in Washington, DC
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV on www.nbcunicareers.com
• Experience presenting Nielsen, Scarborough, Polk and Kantar and all research data
• Agency, media, television, production, creative marketing and/or other brand entertainment experience is preferred
• Solutions-oriented thinker with the ability to quickly understand, grasp and assess opportunities and/or problems and ability to respond with creative ideas and solutions
• Strong communication and presentation skills, both oral and written
• Excellent computer skills with MS programs: Excel, PPT, Word and ability to create innovative presentation decks with expertise
• Bilingual skills preferred – Spanish/English
• Adept at prospecting, generating proposals and closing sales
• High level of work productivity in generating frequent effective selling proposals and presentations
• Ability to creatively analyze and react to a variety of sales challenges
• Ability to multi-task while staying organized and focused
• Broad based knowledge of traditional and emerging media platforms
• Innovative approach to a changing marketplace
• Enthusiastic and positive team player
• Perceptive, personable, insightful, intuitive and strong influencing skills
• Competitive / motivated / desire to win
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkkxvk-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.