The Account Executive is responsible for partnering with local clients, both on the agency level and direct, to create innovative and unique marketing and advertising solutions that target a client's demographics and products/services. The Account Executive role is a sales role focused on delivering quarterly results and meeting individual and team budget requirements.
• Generate revenue to the station and its web/digital products from both traditional and non-traditional prospects in the Tampa, FL market.
• Develop revenue by focusing on ''conversion'' targets from competitive media including radio, print, digital, out of home, cable, events, etc.
• Create customized solutions that will satisfy client's marketing needs and achieve a high level of results.
• Present sales proposal and sales pitches to internal and external clients.
• Participation in station special events is required.
• Service and grow existing accounts. Develop and grow strong client relationships.
• Complete tasks such as posting, weekly forecasting, reporting, new business trackers, and credit/collection of all accounts.
• Coordinate with production crew on creating spots and assist with production as necessary.
• Negotiate and service agency business and create and understand television metrics.
• BS/BA degree in related field or equivalent work experience
• Minimum 2 years of experience in media sales and/or marketing roles
• Must have a valid driver's license and must have ability to drive and own a vehicle for transportation to and from client meetings on a constant basis.
• Able to work a Flexible Schedule and Shifts
• Must be willing to work in Tampa, FL
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be fluent in English and Spanish
• Prior sales experience in radio, television or a digital media environment
• Solutions sell thinker with the ability to quickly understand and assess opportunities and/or problems and able to respond with creative ideas and solutions
• Strong communication/presentation skills – oral and written
• Excellent computer skills with MS programs: Excel, Power Point, Word and the ability to create innovative presentation decks with expertise
• Adept at prospecting, generating proposals and closing the sale
• Perceptive, insightful and intuitive abilities
• Ability to creatively analyze and react to a variety of sales challenges
• Ability to multi-task while staying organized and focused
• Broad based knowledge of traditional and emerging media platforms
• Innovative approach to a changing market place
• Enthusiastic and positive team player within the organization
• Strong verbal influencing skills
• Competitive with a desire to win
• Creative problem solver with strong analytical aptitude
• Self-starter and motivator who can thrive in both corporate and start-up environments
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d280xy-3-215-177-171-42 in your application.