Producer/Photojournalist (Lifestyle Show)
WHAS11, the award-winning ABC affiliate in Louisville, KY is searching for an innovative leader to join the Great Day Live team. Great Day Live is a lifestyle show that combines the excitement of live television with the opportunity to share positive, uplifting stories. This Producer/Photojournalist can write, create, shoot and produce exciting and interesting content for broadcast, online and social media. This is a unique hybrid role that will give the right person the space to grow their producing skills while also fulfilling their passion for creativity. This Producer/Photojournalist must be able to work collaboratively with the Executive Producer, Host, Sales Department, and Clients. The ideal candidates are problem solvers, team players and detail oriented.
• Create unique segments that connect our community with local businesses and events.
• Write and edit stories for on-air broadcasting and digital platforms.
• Shoot and edit compelling segments independently or with a team.
• Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories.
• Work closely with the executive producer and host to produce a visually compelling program.
• Understand and speak to the core audience, viewers, & clients.
• Write and post daily on all digital platforms including social media.
• Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer.
• At least 1 to 2 years of experience is preferred.
• Knowledge of ENPS and Edius/Premiere preferred.
• Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time sensitive deadlines.
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 US markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
Privacy Notice for California Candidates
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn0k55-44-201-72-250-42 in your application.