WOI Local 5 is looking for a show producer who can write and create exciting and interesting content for broadcast, online and social content. Producers must be able to multi-task during the newsgathering hours, sharing content before, during and after a newscast or digital post. The ideal candidate is a creative problem solver with strong journalistic judgment, detail skills and an ability to think creatively. Our Producer must be able to skillfully use social media and digital tools to research, discover and distribute content.
• Create unique newscasts or segments evoking emotion.
• Write and edit news stories for on-air broadcasting and digital platforms.
• Write in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner.
• Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories.
• Develop original content through social listening and independent sources.
• Deliver on-air, online news events in an engaging, exciting, and accurate manner.
• Research for facts and credibility.
• Use consumer analytics in determining content.
• Write and post daily on all digital platforms including social media.
• Write for the web, including attaching images and streaming video.
• Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories.
• Lead and inspire news teams to work together for a great newscast.
• Coach and inspire on-air talent to be exciting and engaging.
• Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer.
• BA/BS in journalism, communications, or related field
• 1-3 years of experience preferred
• Bilingual (English & Spanish) speaking preferred
• Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems
• Understanding the tenets of professional journalism
• Skills in producing engaging, content-driven newscasts and digital content
• Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook
• Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
• Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment.
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 US markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
Privacy Notice for California Candidates
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbyp2o-44-212-94-18-42 in your application.