KGW News in Portland, Oregon is looking for a skilled and creative Photojournalist to join our award-winning team.
We're looking for a candidate who wants to reach the next level of their career, invest more time in stories that matter, and create journalism that makes a difference. KGW is one of the most innovative stations in the country and has a history of creating thoughtful, compelling journalism. We want to hire someone who will help move our newsroom forward.
Candidates should demonstrate a history of creative shooting and editing. Drone experience and FAA Part 107 certification is a plus. After Effects experience is also preferred.
If you are a dedicated experienced video storyteller, we want you here in Portland! The Pacific Northwest is a beautiful, active place to live, play, work and explore. We encourage you to visit the ''Come Work for KGW'' playlist on the KGW YouTube page to see examples of our most creative and innovative work.
This is a full-time union represented position.
• Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories, including but not limited to Edius and Adobe Products
• Produce original content on-air and on all digital platforms that evoke emotion and tell compelling stories
• Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media to enhance stories
• Attend editorial meetings, participate in discussions, and suggest story ideas
• Edit and post video and text content stories for website
• Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer
• Current driver's license and ability to operate news gathering vehicle to and from various locations
• BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field preferred
• Minimum 3 years of experience required
• Newsroom experience preferred, but strong candidates can also come from the documentary or video production industries
• Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems
• SNG/ENG experience preferred
• Experience with Sony digital cinema cameras (FS5, FS7 or similar cameras) preferred
• FAA Part 107 drone license preferred, or willingness to obtain Part 107 license
• Demonstrated news judgment, writing skills, photography experience, and non-linear editing skills
• Must be flexible with schedule, reliable, and dependable
• Understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
• Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
• Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
• Must be able to handle the physical demands of a photojournalist
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Medium work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 US markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
Privacy Notice for California Candidates
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw29wj-3-237-31-191-42 in your application.