KIII 3NEWS in Corpus Christi, Texas, the dominant local news station in South Texas, is looking for a talented and artistic Photojournalist to join our award-winning team. The ideal candidate will create exciting and highly visual content for our television, digital and OTT platforms while working closely with Producers, MSJs and newsroom leaders. This position will serve as the primary editor for our morning news show, plus shoot and edit daily topicals and other early morning news content.
• Shoot and edit dynamic video content for all platforms in a daily, deadline-driven environment
• Edit a variety of video elements including voice-overs, SOTS, packages, graphics and teases
• Produce compelling content using multi-layered, non-linear editing; experience with Edius a plus
• Capture feeds and FTP material from other TEGNA stations and ABC, while monitoring quality control
• Shoot and edit daily topical videos for marketing department
• Operate an IP video-based live unit (Dejero)
• Add video to digital stories
• Attend editorial meetings, participate in newsroom discussions and pitch story ideas
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications or equivalent experience in the field
• 1-3 years of experience preferred
• Willing to work overnight morning hours
• Texas/regional knowledge is a plus
• Desire to become a drone pilot preferred
Work Environment: Outdoors
Physical Demands: Medium work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Outdoors: performed in various outdoor environmental conditions
Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 US markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
Privacy Notice for California Candidates
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-reyz50-18-206-194-21-42 in your application.