WBNS 10TV-Central Ohio's News Leader-- is seeking a photojournalist to join our award-winning news team.
We're looking for a true journalist. The candidate must thrive working in a fast-paced environment, develop their own sources, pitch story ideas and shoot/edit stories independently or with a member of the WBNS content team.
Our ideal candidate is familiar with the latest video equipment to tell visual stories, editing tools, and techniques. They look to improve their craft daily and seek collaboration to produce innovative content.
This position is hourly and reports to the Director of Photojournalism.
• Capture video and audio elements that produce compelling and engaging news, sports, and feature stories
• Collaborate with reporters and develop a vision for stories
• Independently gather and create stories
• Edit stories with Edius (familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite a plus)
• Operate live remote equipment (Dejero) and electronic newsgathering (ENG) vans
• 3+ years of relevant experience in TV photojournalism and/or news editor OR 2+ years of relevant experience with a bachelor's degree in Journalism
• Must have a valid driver's license, able to lift to 40 lbs. and occasionally up to 80 pounds with or without an accommodation
• Ability to work mornings, nights, holidays, and weekend shifts
• Experience working in a medium or large local TV news station preferred
• Experience with Edius and Adobe Creative Cloud (Premiere, After Effects & Photoshop) preferred
• Work Environment: Moderate risk
• Physical Demands: Medium work
• Travel: Occasionally: 10-25%
• Work Environment Set: Moderate risk: involves moderate risks or discomforts that require special safety precautions
• Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 US markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network, Twist and Quest. TEGNA offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit TEGNA's website.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv21o7-3-235-60-197-42 in your application.