10 Tampa Bay is looking for an experienced, dynamic, and enterprising MSJ (Multi-Skilled Journalist). Are you creative at your core? Do you turn around and see the stories behind you that others miss? We are searching for someone who understands enterprise journalism is the story that isn't handed to you. If you can tell a tale that connects with emotion AND if you have passion for visual storytelling, this job may just be for you.
We are looking for a strong enterprise storyteller and team player who knows how to connect with the community on all platforms.
• Pitch compelling enterprise stories that can be turned on a daily deadline.
• Research effectively and build relationships with our community who provide insight on stories today and in the future.
• Have a strong digital focus and the ability to present across multiple platforms.
• Post and maintain multiple social media accounts.
• Interview news subjects and research for facts and credibility.
• Meet all broadcast and digital deadlines while communicating any obstacles to deadlines so we can change plans if necessary.
• Produce stories that are unique and captivating.
• Write in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner.
• Write for the web, including attaching images and streaming video.
• Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories.
• Deliver on-air news events in an engaging, exciting, and accurate manner.
• Operate news gathering vehicle to and from various locations.
• Shoot, write and edit packaged reports.
• Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories.
• Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer.
• BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field.
• 3-5 years' experience in visual storytelling.
• Previous reporting experience is required, as is a reel of your current work.
• Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems.
• Must be able to work flexible shifts and hours depending on news needs.
• Bilingual, (English & Spanish) speaking preferred.
• Understanding of the tenets of professional journalism.
• Ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots.
• Knowledge of ENPS, Edius and Axis graphics a plus.
• Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines.
• Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events.
Work Environment: Outdoors
Physical Demands: Light work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Outdoors: performed in various outdoor environmental conditions
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 US markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re2yx0-3-235-60-197-42 in your application.