Full Time Job
- Full Time
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Job DescriptionNewsWest 9 (KWES), an NBC affiliate, is looking for an experienced, enterprising Multiskilled Journalist. This position is responsible for covering news of the day and breaking news with live shots from the field or from the studio. NewsWest 9 MSJ's aren't confined to press conference assignments. They enterprise stories and crosstalk with anchors. We need a strong storyteller and team player who knows how to connect with the community on all platforms. You will be expected to take ownership of your stories, coordinate the stories with producers, set up stories in advance and consistently manage a calendar of stories for each day. In this role you will be required to establish sources and pitch unique enterprise ideas.
• Have excellent, creative presentation and writing skills
• Have an excellent use of social media for news gathering/disseminating and community engagement
• Cultivate sources
• Collaborate with a team to produce the most creative, compelling stories
• Develop contacts and relationships in the community
• Attend community events that include times outside normal work hours
• Have strong on-camera delivery with the ability to ad-lib
• Have excellent writing, packaging, and live skills
• Have an ability to shoot and edit
• Must be able to report with good on-air presentation skills
• Have a demonstrated ability to work under pressure
• Have a strong social media presence
• Generate unique and different story ideas
• Minimum of one year of working in journalism, communications, or a related field preferred (entry level candidates will be considered)
• Experience in photojournalism, editing and content management systems
• Knowledge of professional journalistic standards
• Ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots, with strong on-air presence and delivery skills
• Strong social media skills
• Knowledge of ENPS (scripting) and Edius (editing) a plus
• Organizational skills and the ability to work under time pressure deadlines
• Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 US markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm22em-18-205-26-39-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
TEGNA Inc. is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions.