WXIA-WATL, the Tegna-owned NBC affiliate in Atlanta, GA is looking for a Special Projects Producer to help lead our investigative, storytelling, and innovation projects . Candidates should be able to show they can identify, plan and execute multi-platform investigative and enterprise projects that involve fact checking, research and innovation.
Our ideal candidate is familiar with the latest video equipment to tell visual stories, editing tools, and techniques. We need someone with a proven background in developing, researching, and vetting ideas that lead to accurate and creative stories with impact is vital. You must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, write, develop sources and story concepts, building stories on your own or with a member of our Verify, Investigative or other specialized teams.
• Produce broadcast versions, long-form, investigative, and character-driven stories using the latest editing and photography tools including premiere and aftereffects.
• Use creative production techniques to enhance stories.
• Advance storytelling experienced required
• Contact sources and develop news stories
• Cover breaking, general, sports, feature, investigative, and political news stories.
• Attend editorial meetings, participate in discussions and suggest story ideas.
• Edit and post video and text content stories for the website.
• BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
• 3-5 years of experience preferred
• Clear understanding of the principles of journalism
• Experience in Adobe Premiere and some experience in After Effects
• Demonstrated social media proficiency, including an active news gathering on platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
• Demonstrated news judgment, writing skills, photography experience, and non-linear editing skills.
• Must be flexible with schedule, reliable and dependable
• Knowledge of ENPS, Edius, and Axis graphics
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 US markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
Privacy Notice for California Candidates
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5nk10-3-235-60-197-42 in your application.