CBS 8, TEGNA's CBS station in San Diego, is looking for a multi-skilled journalist to join our team. We are looking for a self-starting journalist who is eager to discover and break the next big story in the market.
Ideal candidates should be curious about the world around them, have sound news judgement, understand the ingredients needed for a great character-driven story and have strong people skills. The ideal candidate can create unique, shareable and compelling stories for all platforms through memorable writing and strong on camera presentation. Candidates should have a portfolio with examples of reporting, creative storytelling, and covering breaking news.
• Deliver on-air news events in an engaging, exciting, and informative manner.
• Generate creative, content-driven live shots.
• Interview news subjects and research for facts and credibility.
• Develop story ideas and develop market contacts.
• Write and post content for various digital platforms, including station website.
• Perform other tasks as required by news director or executive producer.
• BA/BS in journalism, communications, or related field.
• Minimum 3 years' experience required as a reporter.
• Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events.
• Strong social media skills, including an active presence on social platforms.
• Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines.
• Requires the ability to edit on non-linear system.
• Ability to use small format cameras to shoot video a strong plus.
.Budgeted Compensation Range: $33.66/HR - $36.06/HR
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 US markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
Privacy Notice for California Candidates
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-reyj08-44-197-111-121-42 in your application.