WBIR is a news leader in the Knoxville area market, looking for an experienced, engaging and enterprising journalist to join our team as a Multi-Skilled Journalist! The ideal candidate will be able to shoot, write, edit, and produce under deadline with the mindset that we are a 'digital-first' newsroom.
We're looking for a strong storyteller who can transition from politics and holding people accountable to telling stories that come 'Straight from the Heart.' We want a journalist who can look beyond the headlines to pitch enterprise stories across a range of relevant news topics that serve our community.
• Develop story ideas, write, shoot and edit news stories for all of WBIR's platforms
• Develop original content through social listening and independent sources
• Present news in a conversational, engaging way and be able to adlib with professionalism and accuracy
• Interview news subjects and research for facts and credibility
• Cultivate diverse sources and contacts within the community
• Contribute to multiple platforms on a daily basis, including images, packages, articles and social media posts
• Produce news stories that are unique and captivating under deadlines
• Work as part of a large, inclusive team that supports each other
• Degree in journalism or mass communications
• 1-3 years of proven general assignment and live breaking news reporting and storytelling
• Ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
• Strong journalistic ethics
• Ability to work under tight deadlines and with a flexible schedule
• Be able to manage both long-term and short-term projects
• Be a great newsroom team player
• Experience with ENPS and Edius a plus
• Work Environment Set: Outdoors: performed in various outdoor environmental conditions
• Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 US markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8b98m-18-207-160-97-42 in your application.