WBNS, the TEGNA CBS affiliate in Columbus, OH is looking for an experienced, high-energy, ambitious Meteorologist to join the Doppler 10 team. The position is responsible for delivering accurate, engaging on-air weather reports in a conversational manner and updating our multiple platforms to keep viewers safe and informed.
The successful candidate must have a passion for winning severe weather and telling the weather story even on sunny days. The ideal candidate embraces technology and thrives in a fast-paced environment where the use of live cameras, user-generated content, and field reporting is a must.
• Provide accurate and compelling weather forecasts in a multi-platform environment
• Produce clean, creative, and informative graphics to tell the weather story
• Write, edit and report from the field or studio
• Update multiple platforms and interact with viewers on social media platforms daily
• Perform special projects or other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree, in Meteorology or Atmospheric Science required
• Minimum two years of on-air experience as a Broadcast Meteorologist
• Knowledge of and proficiency with the Max weather solution
• Demonstrated ability to post forecasts, graphics, etc. to various digital media platforms
• Develop and investigate weather- and climate-related story ideas and research for facts and credibility
• Be available to work a flexible schedule
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
• Preferred, but not required: Write, shoot and edit stories for all platforms
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Sedentary work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 US markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmy5e3-3-235-60-197-42 in your application.