Full Time Job
Manager, HR Systems and Operations
- Full Time
- Senior (5-10 years) Experience
We are hiring! TEGNA is looking for a talented HRIS and HR Operations expert to join us at an exciting time. The HR Systems and Operations Manager will lead the transformation of our recruiting operations. S/he will partner closely with key stakeholders to implement the new TA system (Greenhouse), refine the recruiting workflows/processes, and enhance the candidate experience.
In addition to managing the recruiting system and operations, this position will also manage UKG, the core HR system, in close partnership with the IT and Payroll teams.
We offer a hybrid (onsite/remote) work environment at The Boro in Tysons, VA.
This position is responsible for the following areas.
Greenhouse and Recruiting Operations:
- Lead the implementation of Greenhouse
- Optimize recruiting systems, tools, workflows, and processes to improve candidate experience
- Serve as the Greenhouse system administrator, including providing end user support, troubleshooting technical issues, and launching enhancement releases
- Develop best practices with a focus on scalability and automation for the end-to-end recruitment life cycle
- Drive data analytics strategies for Talent Acquisition
- Keep abreast of new technology and best practices for Talent Acquisition; Regularly assess effectiveness of the recruiting process and provide insights that help drive business decisions and change
- Manage vendor relationship
- Partner closely with IT (UKG system administrator) on all things related to UKG, including UKG updates, maintenance, and enhancement
- Perform ongoing reconciliations and audits of data to ensure data integrity; make recommendations to identify and eliminate data inconsistencies
- Responsible for HR data reporting needs; provide data analytics and HR metrics as needed; use data to drive program enhancement and process improvement
- Create dashboards or data templates as needed
- Manage integrations where UKG is the system of record to ensure that data flows properly among various HR systems
- Collaborate with IT on new system integrations to ensure successful implementation; help develop system requirements, test plans, and coordinate testing / validation activities
- Create and maintain job aids or workflows; educate system users
- Develop partnerships with stakeholders to understand business needs and to ensure functionality fits within those needs
- Actively research new functionality and recommend ways to increase system efficiencies
- Lead and manage direct reports through establishing performance objectives, measuring results, ensuring employee accountability, and regularly holding career development conversations
• Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
• 5 – 8 years of HR systems experience
• UKG and Cognos BI experience strongly desired
• Experience in TA Operations with a focus on applicant tracking system (ATS) administration
• Strong business knowledge in HR processes; experience in designing and documenting process maps and operating procedures
• Strong project management skills and ability to lead and drive initiatives
• Strong problem-solving, critical/analytical thinking abilities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience in Greenhouse as a system administrator
• Experience with data analysis, report creation, metric & trend analysis using graphs, charts, and data visualization tools
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel. Familiarity with other Microsoft Office programs and any data visualization tool is a plus
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Light work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 US markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
Privacy Notice for California Candidates
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6vpv0-44-200-117-166-42 in your application.
TEGNA Inc. is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions.