At KING 5 we Stand for Truth
We are searching for an Investigative Reporter to join our award-winning I-TEAM.
This position is intended for an accomplished journalist who is highly motivated and driven to deliver investigations that change our diverse Pacific Northwest community for the better.
This reporter will be expected to collaborate with other members of our team to produce exclusive, innovative and high-impact stories for television and digital platforms
These stories dig deep to uncover a problem, hold those responsible accountable and press for a solution
The successful candidate will be able to multitask multiple stories and produce content on deadline as part of KING 5's commitment to local investigative journalism.
This candidate must have previous experience in investigative reporting; a portfolio including that work will be required
This person will work closely with our award-winning photojournalism, producing, and digital teams and report directly to the Assistant News Director.
Responsibilities: In This Role, You Will
• Investigate leads and tips, conduct interviews, research stories, write and edit news stories.
• Voice and front stories for all platforms.
• Create web content, meet publication or broadcast deadlines, and report original investigative work.
• Collaborate with KING's award-winning photojournalists on investigative projects for digital and broadcast.
• Maintain story calendar and pitch impactful, investigative stories and follows.
Compensation Range: $38.46 - $48.08
• 5+ years of experience in journalism, including 2+ years as an investigative journalist.
• Strong writing skills, both for digital and broadcast platforms.
• Active presence and understanding of digital and social platforms.
• Fluency in a second language is a plus.
• MSJ skills including shooting and editing are a plus.
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Light work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 US markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj71j1-3-235-60-197-42 in your application.