WFAA is looking for an editor. This is a Part-Time Temporary position located in our downtown studio.
This position reports directly to the Executive Producer. Position requires daily editing of video and graphic elements for the daily broadcasts including editing GMT Extra each day.
The PT Editor will work in a creative and collaborative in-office environment with the Executive Producer and other staff members to help produce Good Morning Texas segments and show content under tight deadlines. This position is heavily focused on the daily use of technology and dependable access to our network infrastructure such as video servers that require fast and reliable network connectivity.
Essential Daily Functions:
• Editing video material for Daily show(s) including taped pieces and GMT Extra
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree or a combination of education and experience that demonstrates the necessary skills and abilities required for this job.
• 2 years' experience in for daily news program and/or lifestyle program.
• Valid driver's license
• Excellent production skills including non-linear editing
• Strong ability to work under tight deadlines
• Strong ability to communicate effectively
• Work the hours based on your assigned schedule. In some cases, your supervisor will notify you of changes. Some overtime and extended hours may be required.
• Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
• Work Environment Set: Outdoors: performed in various outdoor environmental conditions
• Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 US markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
Privacy Notice for California Candidates
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rey1n0-18-207-160-97-42 in your application.