ABC24/CW30, the TEGNA station in Memphis, TN is looking for an outstanding leader. The role of Executive Producer will be filled by a passionate, experienced journalist who's great at managing people and growing talent.
This person will be driven to provide the very best news coverage possible across all platforms daily, making sure our content reflects the diverse communities we represent. This person will also be able to jump in the booth to assist with covering breaking news and communication. They will also be able to produce and booth a newscast when needed. This role is responsible for leading daily editorial conversations, serving as a leader to our producers, building schedules, and coordinating with our desk, digital team and other leaders in the newsroom daily. This critical team member is also a show doctor who helps our producers elevate their newscasts on a daily basis.
The ideal candidate has a track record of leading One Content teams to create relevant, meaningful, and compelling newscasts, teaching direct reports of various experience levels, and thinking strategically about multiple projects to meet the station's goals. This person has strong leadership skills, a commitment to covering breaking news and providing context and depth, can make quick editorial decisions, and has a willingness to push a team to think creatively daily. This person is also a great communicator who is cool under pressure. You will work collaboratively with other newsroom managers and teams to create innovative content for all platforms.
• Collaborate to execute long-term newsroom strategy
• Train, develop, and coach the newsroom team with a focus on mentoring content creators across all platforms to elevate writing, crafting, and storytelling
• Oversee the daily editorial process
• Oversee the on-air execution of newscasts
• Source and recruit top-notch journalists
• Participate in coordinating all aspects of coverage, from breaking news to enterprise story production and news specials.
• Ensure that news coverage meets the ABC24 Memphis brand, company policies, industry codes, FCC rules, and station values
• Direct newsroom operations, review scripts, and manage schedules
• Work with the news director and other managers to establish newsroom goals and work to develop and further brand
• Bachelor's degree in journalism, related field, and/or news leadership experience
• At least two years of experience producing broadcast news.
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written) with coworkers, clients, and the public.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Track record of quality journalism, high integrity, and ethical decision making
• Passion for growing journalists and fostering a creative and positive newsroom environment
• Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
• Strong planning and organizational skills
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Sedentary work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 US markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
Privacy Notice for California Candidates
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkyk04-3-237-31-191-42 in your application.