Full Time Job
- Full Time
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Job DescriptionWHAS, TEGNA's ABC affiliate in Louisville, KY, is seeking a fulltime Video Editor for our award-winning news team.
Strong candidates understand how news video exists on three screens (television, internet, mobile), and are prepared to edit/produce on all three. Qualified candidates must be ready and able to quickly create high-quality content and the content must be ready for air and/or digital use in a timely manner.
• Creative storytelling of the highest journalist standards.
• Editing, filing and posting a variety of video elements including voice-overs, packages, high-end animations and bumpers.
• Encode video for web and mobile distribution.
• Ability to operate non-linear edit systems, experience with Edius is a plus.
• Must have a professional demeanor and work well/as a team player with news team and staff at all times.
• Ability to multi-task, handling editing assignments and capturing feeds and FTP material from multiple TEGNA stations, while constantly monitoring quality control.
• Must have entry level experience as a non-linear editor.
• Ability to create/edit material for on-air broadcasts and web, while meeting deadlines.
• Must be able to work flexible hours, including weekends and overtime as needed.
• Must be able to work overnights.
• We put a premium on personal integrity, teamwork, accountability, problem solving and a strong work ethic.
• Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
• Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
• Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Sedentary work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 US markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
Privacy Notice for California Candidates
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6jomq-3-233-221-90-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
TEGNA Inc. is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions.