KGW in Portland, Oregon is looking for a creative and energetic Digital Content Producer to join our talented team of multi-platform journalists at one of the most innovative TV stations in the country. We're looking for someone who believes in the power of local journalism and wants to help create unique digital content that is unparalleled in our market.
Successful digital producers at KGW are leaders in the newsroom with an audience-first approach on digital, social media and streaming platforms. You'll write web articles, launch live streams, clip videos, create social graphics and work with reporters and photojournalists to have content showcased in its best form across our various platforms. There are also opportunities to create original enterprise content. Qualified candidates should have strong writing and copy-editing skills, video and social media experience and strong news judgment.
• Write and publish breaking news stories and video, as well as original content
• Curate and schedule content on all KGW platforms, including website, mobile app, social media and streaming platforms
• Use analytics to determine content creation and distribution
• Monitor news releases, Facebook, X (formerly known as Twitter), Instagram and other online news sources for content ideas and updates
• Edit reporter stories for grammar, clarity and AP style and optimize using digital content best practices
• Work with all newsroom departments on content coverage, broadcast-digital coordination and social listening
• Identify compelling, unique stories and user-generated content of interest to our audience
• At least two years of experience working as a digital producer or journalist preferred
• Familiarity with CMS systems
• Understanding of social media strategy on platforms including Instagram, X (formerly known as Twitter) and Facebook
• Strong organizational skills and abilities to prioritize and juggle various digital tasks
• Knowledge of AP style and copy editing
• Willingness and flexibility to work various shifts as assigned, including weekends and filling in for other producers
Additional or preferred qualifications:
• Experience with video editing
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and constant time pressure deadlines
• Knowledge of ENPS and Edius
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Light work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 US markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
Privacy Notice for California Candidates
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3wj6q-18-206-194-21-42 in your application.