WBNS-10TV seeks to hire an experienced chief investigative reporter to front its 10 Investigates franchise. We're looking for a serious, accomplished journalist who is a highly motivated and organized self-starter with exceptional reporting, writing, researching and interviewing skills. This reporter will be expected to collaborate with other members of our team to produce exclusive, innovative and high-impact stories for television and digital platforms. These stories go beyond the basics of general assignment reporting to uncover a problem, hold those responsible accountable and press for a solution. The successful candidate will be able to multitask multiple stories and produce content on deadline – from pitching investigative angles on daily news coverage to long-term and follow-up reports.
This is not an entry-level reporting position. You will be the lead investigative reporter working closely with a team of other reporters, producers and photographers. Only applicants with a minimum of five years of experience as a broadcast news reporter will be considered. A portfolio that includes investigative work will be required.
• Enterprise and generate short-term and long-term ethical and compelling investigative content for all platforms
• Execute live shots in-studio and in the field
• Research, shoot, edit, write differentiating stories
• Develop and maintain sources that generate exclusive story content
• Write video and web stories
• College degree in journalism, communications or related field
• Experience with LexisNexis and NICAR
• Understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
• Knowledge of laws regarding privacy, trespass, libel and open meetings.
• Knowledge of ENPS, Edius and Axis graphics is a plus
• Organizational skills and the ability to work under deadline pressure
• Strong writing and oral communication skills
• Knowledge of multiplatform news gathering tools and resources, including digital media
• Active social media presence
• Demonstrated track record for acting on viewer tips, breaking stories and exposing corruption that results in positive change
• Reputation as a team player who values working collaboratively
• Membership in Investigative Reporters and Editors (IRE)
Work Environment: Outdoors
Physical Demands: Medium work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Outdoors: performed in various outdoor environmental conditions
Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 US markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3wvx5-3-237-31-191-42 in your application.