WFAA, the TEGNA-owned ABC affiliate in Dallas, Texas is seeking an experienced Anchor/Reporter to join our team. We are looking for a skilled journalist who can command an anchor desk during breaking news and steer an audience through of variety content in various newscasts throughout the day. You will also be a part of our award-winning team of reporters, enterprising and covering news that impacts North Texans. This newsroom strives for excellence every day and is enthusiastic about our mission to serve all communities.
In this role you will be asked to fill in on various shows, but you will need a passion for both storytelling as a reporter and as an anchor.
We also experience and provide continuous coverage of big events often, so the ability to command sustained content as a reporter and as an anchor is critical.
We are a newsroom that believes in the human connection, and all stories we tell should include someone impacted by the events in our day-to-day lives. Storytelling is a key component to WFAA and is something every employee, no matter the workgroup, takes great pride in. North Texas is a very diverse community, and we believe in reflecting them in our coverage every day, and making sure we represent all people living in the greater DFW area.
Any journalist working at WFAA should be prepared to invest in a very demanding and rewarding news organization. Staying apprised of local, regional, national and global matters that impact our audience and community is critical to your success.
• Fill-in anchoring
• Occasional field reporting or field anchoring
• Reporting in-studio utilizing the touchscreen and other available storytelling technology
• Community and promotional appearances
• Strong communicator with the ability to react quickly to breaking and developing
• News hound who stays up to date on the latest national, state, and local stories
• Creative storyteller who's not afraid to get outside the box and show personality in their presentation
• Must demonstrate strong live presence with engaging, content-driven live shots
• Knows how to wield the power of social media and incorporate it into their storytelling
• Texas/regional knowledge is a plus
• Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
• Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
• Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 US markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
Privacy Notice for California Candidates
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9k7jm-44-192-254-173-42 in your application.