WBIR-TV, TEGNA's station and NBC affiliate in Knoxville, Tennessee, seeks an experienced new Account Executive to join our dynamic sales team.
The Account Executive specializes in creating new and incremental television and digital revenue. The primary job responsibility involves identifying new prospects and presenting customized multi-platform advertising solutions focused on the customer's return on investment. The Account Executive is also responsible for retaining and growing their developed accounts through insight proposals, proof of performance, and maximizing all station assets. This position offers both a base salary and huge opportunity to grow your income through a rewarding commission structure.
• Create a strategic business plan with sales management to meet and exceed all revenue goals and targets on a monthly, quarterly, annual basis.
• Develop advertising solutions for new customers that deliver results to their customers.
• Work target accounts in the pipeline at all times. Replenishes as these accounts emerge.
• Conduct Needs Analyses and account reviews to uncover the customer's most essential needs.
• Possess a deep understanding of local and regional business vertical segments and constantly seeks to learn more.
• Able to demonstrate product knowledge and value to their customers.
• Able to explain the benefits of Digital (Display, OTT) and its integration with TV, in tandem with digital personnel.
• Effectively negotiate with customers to meet a winning return on investment.
• Upsell current customers by providing proof of performance and solid results.
• Collaborate with Account Manager to provide timely and accurate traffic instructions; conducts account maintenance including make-goods posts, and aging/collections.
• In collaboration with pre-sales team, create and deliver formal written and verbal presentations to clients.
• Use CRM to manage day to day activity, build a pipeline and ensure execution.
• Use CRM tool for projections, weekly.
• Passion for growing client's business, a hunger for finding and cultivating new leads and a desire to grow your skill sets each day.
• College Degree
• Previous sales or marketing experience is a plus
• Ability to think and lead strategically
• Proven problem solver
• Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
(NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities
Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions
With 63 television stations in 51 U.S
markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide
TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest
TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service
For more information, visit
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5n56e-44-200-101-84-42 in your application.