Software Analyst - Mid Level
Technicolor India Pvt Ltd is one of the largest and most influential visual effects studios in the world. We produce top tier visual effects for movies, television, commercials, along with virtual production, augmented reality (AR), and virtual reality (VR) development services for clients and internally created content. We are looking to expand the virtual production and experience team for work on commercials and immersive storytelling experiences.
We are looking for an experienced, team-oriented, self-motivated Unreal Engine 4 developer for ongoing work with multiple projects, likely to be mostly for non-gaming applications. Interfacing with hardware and streaming data servers directly into engine for virtual production along with custom development for augmented and virtual reality should keep this role varied and busy.
• Develop and deploy creative and innovative tech solutions to help deliver exciting projects for a range of clients and platforms, including web, mobile, AR and VR.
• Use your good understanding of programming languages, algorithms, data structures and design patterns, to write performant and clean code, and clearly communicate your approach to your team via well commented documentation.
• Work with fellow developers, as well as CG/VFX artists and the rest of the production team.
• Use source control to protect the code, and use bug reporting software to manage issues that need to be fixed. Must also know how to properly prioritize bugs.
• Must have very strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Work with emerging technologies to create new tools and systems for interactive real-time production.
• Produce clean, well-documented code.
• Maintain internal engine builds, using Perforce and other tools to distribute builds to the team.
• Work with virtual production team to understand technical requirements.
• Active participation in technical and artistic discussions and problem solving.
• Work closely with TD's and other development team members to further develop pipeline and workflows.
• Develop and maintain optimized modules for tools surrounding virtual production that utilize game engines along with UI and I/O modules.
• Lead the development path for creative development solutions for overall development pipeline and for individual projects.
• Minimum 4 years' experience with Unreal Engine
• 4+ years with C++, both within the confines of Unreal, Unity or other engines combined.
• Understanding of Computer Science fundamentals.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
Any of the following is a great advantage:
• Fast, organized, take direction well, and can deal with high profile directors, vfx supervisors and production designers.
• Working knowledge in 3D graphics development (Particle Systems, Shaders) and of the content creation tools and processes involved in real-time 3D asset production.
• Experience with one or more of the following: 3D asset creation, shader creation, rigging, procedural animation logic, and with pipeline scripting in Autodesk Maya or other DCC applications.
• VR development experience advantageous.
• Experience with Augmented Reality / Mixed Reality frameworks (ARKit, ARCore, HoloLens, webAR)
• Experience with Python, Experience developing in c# for Unity
• Experience with building app for web, iOS and/or Android
• Design of social filters (Facebook Spark AR, Snapchat Lens Studio, TikTok)