Remote / Virtual
Technicolor Animation is home to some of the world's most recognizable and respectable episodic animated shows. Our relationships and reputation run incredibly deep within the top animation production houses. The team at Animation includes very passionate and driven artists who are involved in creating wonders in animation and assets. If you are an artist who believes in story-telling and has the desire to push beyond your comfort levels, then we are looking for you!
Artists have a commanding grasp of, and ability to execute on the artistic fundamentals of Texturing
If you are passionate about Animation industry and you think you have what it takes to create believable lifelike performances with the use of requisite softwares, then we want to hear from you!
Essentials & other must-have skills
• Have a strong understanding of and a keen eye for the artistic fundamentals of Modelling / Texturing.
• Be fluent in the use of Maya, Photoshop, Mari, Mud Box / Z-Brush, various render engines (V-Ray, Arnold, etc.) / tools/hardware used on the project, and commonly used throughout the studio.
• Strong knowledge of hard surface and organic texturing, lighting, and shading.
• Strong knowledge of facial expressions, simple and complex hair styles, cloth behavior.
• Adequate understanding of modeling, rigging, hair, and fur workflow.
Any of the following experience is a great advantage:
• Previous experience with Animation pipeline
• Basic painting (digital or traditional) and sketching ability is preferable
The details above provide an outline of the key requirements for candidates to apply for a role in this department. At Animation, we have a number of job classifications within our artist team structure. These are broadly:
• Junior Artist: 0-4 Years
• Artist: 4-7 Years
• Senior Artist:7+ Years
Basis the candidate's Demo reel quality, Test & interview performance, and other evaluation criteria the management will decide upon the designation.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw80on-3-236-50-173-42 in your application.