Software Analyst - Mid Level
Our Academy @ The Focus team delivers world-class courses that develop entry-level artists to become studio-ready across VFX disciplines, including animation, lighting, DMP/Environments, Layout, Tech Anim and FX.
We seek a Technical Director to help build our Academy in the Cloud infrastructure with our partners, which will establish a new VFX pipeline with managed workstations, storage and rendering. This role also supports building and updating course content to ensure everything works seamlessly for instructors and students.
• Designing tools, techniques and pipeline in support of Academy courses.
• Design, create and maintain tools using APIs provided by the various DCC applications.
• The role requires strong technical and communication skills, as well as a firm understanding of lighting, shading, compositing, color theory, software design, graphics, and production workflow.
• Work with trainers to troubleshoot and fix problems arising in the Technical Director's area(s) of expertise and engage peers when outside area of expertise.
• Working closely with Technicolor global systems architecture team to utilize best practices, resources and security requirements for the new Academy in the Cloud.
• Utilize 3rd party platform features that enable the Academy team to assigning workstations with trainers able to monitor and manage usage to control costs.
What you'll need:
• Knowledge of applicable software platforms including LINUX, UNIX
• Previous experience in Visual Effects
• Solid understanding of the Visual Effects pipeline
• Experience in developing tools for DCC packages such as Maya, Houdini, Katana or Nuke
• Programming/scripting skills (Python, Maya API, C++) for module and tool development
• GUI scripting (PySide2/PyQt4/PyQt5)
• Experience with pipeline integration, rendering, asset management systems and databases
• Ability to quickly master proprietary tools and development processes
• Creative problem-solving skills
• Must be detail oriented, organized, have good communication skills, and be able to independently handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner.