Mid Software Developer - Compositing
Technicolor Production Services is the division with Technicolor which contain Technicolor's world leading Visual effects and Animation brands such as MPC, Mr X, The Mill, and Mikros.
Technicolor's brands have worked on the spectacular scenes and tiny details that make movies, advertising campaigns and Animation movies truly mind-blowing. We're the people behind the effects in countless blockbuster films like The Lion King, The Spongebob Movie: Sponge on the Run and advertising campaigns for clients such as Samsung, Audi, Nike and Apple. We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come in everyday to be a part of some of the best work in the industry.
When you join the team, you'll be working with and learning from the most skilled people in the business.
This is a software role that contributes across the Technicolor portfolio by architecting and implementing state of the art tools for image creation and finishing. These disciplines encompass lighting, rendering, compositing, plate and movie manipulation, and review strategies for all of this.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the dynamic world of visual effects. If you are an ambitious software developer looking for an opportunity to work with cutting edge technology then we look forward to your application.
• Work with a mix of local and remote Team Members to ensure realistic planning, scheduling, and regular deliveries of the results to internal clients
• Work with other developers to improve and conform tools and workflows to a global roadmap and to emergent show necessities
• Produce documentation and support users in the maintenance phase, and contribute to demonstration during exploratory phases
• Contribute to the development of new methods and tools aimed at optimizing the quality and speed of CG rendering
• Proven experience in a VFX facility (or equivalent industry).
• Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a Technical Animation Degree.
• Strong understanding of computer graphics, mathematics, and physics/simulation.
• Intermediate knowledge of C++ and Python. Lua a bonus.
• Competency with Linux operating system and developing on this platform.
• Intermediate knowledge of key VFX application APIs: Katana, Renderman, and Nuke.
• Experience with modern imaging pipelines, including AOVs, deep compositing, and image formats.
• Knowledge of other VFX application APIs: Maya and Houdini.
• Experience using development best practices.
• Experience designing simple UX for complex back end functionality.
• Experience with asset management APIs and dependency handling.
• Highly committed and able to work independently and as a team.
• Positive attitude towards learning.
• Extremely organized with good communication skills and an excellent attention to detail.
• Deadline orientated and ability to remain calm in a fast-paced and highly pressure environment.