Technicolor Creative Studios composed of a unique and gifted team of artists, filmmakers and programmers devoted to the art, craft and technology of visual storytelling. Our talented staff, committed to quality above all else, has achieved some of the most original and photo-realistic visual effects and animation seen on film to date. If you have the imagination, talent and drive, then TCS is looking for you.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Head of Systems, the Senior Systems Administrator is responsible for supporting, developing and operating top of the line, high-end infrastructure containing hundreds of servers, PB of fast storage and high throughput switching.
We are looking for someone with a SRE/DevOps mindset, multitasker, out of the box thinker, to complete our team of dynamic systems administrators. If you like a challenge and want to learn and experience hands on work on many technologies, this is the place.
• Responsible for the health and operations of local network, storage and systems
• Administer and manage high performance storage platforms and systems
• Administer Windows and Linux based servers
• Troubleshoot and resolve complex issues through thorough technical understanding of large scale networking and routing
• Communicate with multiple global technology support teams on a daily basis
• Proactively use monitoring tools to forecast technology areas requiring attention on a daily basis
• Identify and remediate storage and network bottlenecks, infrastructure-wide
• Ensure the timely and successful completion of all data backups
• Manage the data center power and cooling systems
• Communicate with operations staff surrounding technology issues
• 5 years or more experience supporting a hybrid (Linux and Windows) desktop and server environment.
• Familiarity of VFX/media production environments would be a plus
• Understanding of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, NFS v4,LDAP,Domain Policy, SSSD,GIT, Puppet,PXE,PowerShell, 801.2x
• Knowledge of switching networks & associated protocols
• Understanding of NAS,FC,DAS,SAN.
• Knowledge of Bash and/or Python would be a plus
• Ability to operate within and foster a team environment.
• Decision making, analytical and problem solving skills
• Communication, ability to explain complex systems in simple terms.
• Working with other departments to understand needs and recommend solutions
• Project management, ability to work with tight deadlines.
• Good communication skills
• Time management, availability to do after hours and weekend work when necessary.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp03p0-18-232-177-219-42 in your application.