Technicolor Creative Studios is the division with Technicolor, which contains Technicolor's world-leading Visual effects and Animation brands such as MPC, Mr. X, The Mill, and Mikros.
Technicolor's brands have worked on the spectacular scenes and tiny details that make movies, advertising campaigns and Animation movies genuinely mind-blowing. We're the people behind the effects in countless blockbuster films like The Lion King, The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run and advertising campaigns for clients such as Samsung, Audi, Nike and Apple. We are continually looking for the best talent globally, enthusiastic people who come in every day to be a part of some of the industry's best work. Technicolor's artists are wildly creative, uber-talented and passionate about the possibilities of VFX, Experiential, Animation and Technology. When you join the team, you'll be working with and learning from the most skilled people in the business.
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
• Excellent organization skills, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task.
• Demonstrated sense of responsibility and capability to deliver quickly.
• Excellent communication skills. Clearly articulating/ documenting technical/ functional specifications is a key requirement.
• Proactive problem-solver. Relationship builder and team player.
• Flexibility to work in multiple complex projects and changing priorities.
• Ability to express their design ideas and thoughts.
• Adaptability to continuously changing team requirements.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver working solutions on time.
• Troubleshoot and resolve issues in existing software
• Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Work with your colleagues to develop features, fix bugs, and define new services from start to finish.
• Provide operational support for the platform as required as well as supporting and maintaining legacy applications.
To succeed in the role, the following experience and competencies are required:
• 5+ years of extensive experience in Python, Django and Web Services.
• Good understanding of RESTful APIs
• Experience in building real world solutions on AWS or Azure.
• Knowledge of microservices architecture, design, and implementation.
• Good exposure to Linux.
• Good hands-on experience in SQL Database (MYSQL / Postgres)
• Excellent Analytical, Problem Solving & Debugging skills.
• Passion and ownership of quality of the applications and services owned by the team.
• Has experience of working in Agile Environment.
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools GIT.
Nice to Have
The following are not essential to be successful in the role, however prior experience, or the desire to grow in these areas will be of benefit:
Object-Oriented PHP knowledge will be the added advantage (for legacy projects).
• Experience with Celery, Redis and RabbitMQ
• Knowledge of k8/Kubernetes and Docker.
• Experience developing ETL/ELT pipelines for cloud-based data platforms (Azure, AWS, Google).
• Understanding of CI/CD best practices and advocate for their use and improvement.
• Knowledge of testing principles, in particular TDD and/or BDD.
• An interest in the architectural perspective - contributing to architectural decisions and other technical documentation.
• Able to present technical concepts to a broad audience with varying level of technical understanding.
• Experience working with large, legacy code bases; from maintenance and refactoring through to end-of-life support.
• An awareness of security and keeping content secure.
• Experience in the VFX industry would be nice to have though not required to be successful for this role.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyk91p-35-172-136-29-42 in your application.