Technicolor Creative Studios is the division with Technicolor, which contains Technicolor's world-leading Visual effects and Animation brands such as MPC, Mr. X, The Mill, and Mikros.
Technicolor's brands have worked on the spectacular scenes and tiny details that make movies, advertising campaigns and Animation movies genuinely mind-blowing. We're the people behind the effects in countless blockbuster films like The Lion King, The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run and advertising campaigns for clients such as Samsung, Audi, Nike and Apple. We are continually looking for the best talent globally, enthusiastic people who come in every day to be a part of some of the industry's best work.
Technicolor's artists are wildly creative, uber-talented and passionate about the possibilities of VFX, Experiential, Animation and Technology. When you join the team, you'll be working with and learning from the most skilled people in the business.
We have an opening for a Senior Software Developer to contribute to the design and implementation of our Data Model and its front-end points where USD is leveraged.
We are looking for an experienced engineer that is keen to work in a team of high profile on all fronts; your peers, the reach and impact of the work, and the importance of the outcome to internal and external clients.
The ideal candidate is a technical expert, able to contribute insight and experience while balancing their contributions with those of their peers and responding to the vision of our internal clients. It's important to have, or be willing to develop, a delivery-driven mind set coupled with the ability to move with agility between streams in stages ranging from prototype to maintenance.
As a senior engineer you will be expected to have, and granted to exercise, a high degree of autonomy and to make significant contributions to the design of components, and affect the global roadmap. Mentoring more junior team members and participating in cross functional teams and efforts, and being considerate and assertive, are very important qualities at this level of operations.
• Work with, and inform, leadership to shape the technical implementation and architecture or key client services in the pipeline
• Help leadership to track progress and outcomes, and provide key insight when a change of direction is needed
• Contribute to the design and implementation of the Data Model underpinning assets and scenes
• Design and/or contribute to tools for conforming, composition, and exchange across stages of production, departments, authoring and consumption environments
• Work with and mentor more junior members of the team to help resolve issues and solve problems
• Contribute to developer facing or user facing documentation as applicable.
• Operate as a domain specialist and point person for multiple teams or projects when applicable
• Highly committed and able to transition between independent work and team participation.
• Positive attitude towards learning, sharing and mentoring.
• Organized and methodical with an ability to communicate efficiently within a technical team.
Optional Skills and Experience
The following qualities will be highly regarded but are not required. Some of the below might become necessary learning experiences on the job dependent on time and resources, team and circumstances.
• Experience in any creative department or a strong understanding and ability to relate to the needs and operations of TDs and/or artists
• GUI/UX development and a related framework
• DevOps related experience
• Knowledge of a game engine, operation and/or development (Unreal preferred)
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the dynamic world of visual effects. If you are an ambitious software developer looking for an opportunity to work with cutting edge technology then we look forward to your application
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpmpy9-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.