Lead Software Developer, Pipeline - Animation
Technicolor Creative Studios is a technology company working with creative companies across the world to help them produce their most iconic work. Our award-winning teams of artists and technologists' partner with the creative community across film, television, animation, gaming, brand experience and advertising to bring the universal art of storytelling to audiences around the world. We are renowned for adding visual wonder and creative expertise to the film, advertising and entertainment industries, with some of our most famous projects including the blockbuster movies Blade Runner 2049, The Jungle Book, The Lion King and 1917, and advertising campaigns for Channel 4, Sony and IKEA.
MPC VFX is part of Technicolor's premiere portfolio of VFX brands and services providing offerings tailored to the specific creative and storytelling needs of each project. Within this collective, MPC has built a reputation for industrial-scale production of images, and the software development to enable this.
Does this look like you? Inventive, passionate about Realtime and our VFX Supervisor and Clients experience, with a sense for practical problem solving, and and an understanding of Frame Budget constraints. If it does, we want to hear from you!
Essential skills are those you have matured professionally, or have been practicing personally for a length of time and can demonstrate achievements in (e.g. personal repository, demos etc.)
• 5+ years in a creative industry in a technical role (Film, Episodic, Commercials, AA or AAA games)
• Technical STEM Degree, or equivalent applied knowledge
• A strong understanding of, and intuition for, the principles of computer graphics in at least two domains (pipeline/systems, rendering, simulation, animation)
• Strong Skills in C++ with an eye towards efficiency and performance
• Knowledge of at least one DCC API and willingness to learn others as needed
• Strong Knowledge of at least one Game Engine (Unreal preferred)
• Able to work in a multi-cultural, multi-site large organization
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work in a structure development environment (Version Control, Issue tracking, task tracking etc.)
Desirable skills are advantageous, but not strictly necessary.
We don't expect candidates to tick ALL the boxes, but if you have any of the following in any combination they will be highly regarded. If you don't, a keen interest in learning more on the job about some combination will be important.
• Python Programming
• Pixar USD, especially custom schemas, asset resolution and pipeline integration
• Epic Unreal, Operation and SDK
• Unity Technology's Unity Game Engine and Editor, operation
• HLSL or GLSL Shader writing
• Maya, Operation and SDK
• Houdini, Operation and HDK
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rze73n-44-192-38-248-42 in your application.
Technicolor is home to the world's premiere portfolio of visual effects brands, services, and creative innovations. With locations that span the globe, and service offerings tailored to the specific creative and storytelling needs of each project, we power premium content. Our diverse family of VFX brands includes: MPC, The Mill, MR. X, Mikros MPC Advertising, and Technicolor VFX. Each studio has their own unique approach to help storytellers create out of this world experiences.