Technicolor Creative Studios is a creative technology company driven by one inspiring purpose: The realization of motivated and extraordinary ideas and inspiring creative companies worldwide to produce their most iconic work. Our award-winning teams of artists and technologists partner with the creative community across film, television, animation, gaming, brand experience and advertising to bring the universal art of storytelling to audiences everywhere.
No idea is too ambitious. For us to create to an incredibly high standard. Technicolor Creative Studios provides World Class production expertise in Film, Episodic, Gaming, Advertising and Experiential Marketing.
• Hands on implementation of core parts of the technology stack between the backend and asset/shot authoring (with feedback or overlap on the neighbouring stack elements as necessary/comfortable)
• Work with a Team Lead and the Head of Pipeline to inform, design and/or implement solutions for the global pipeline strategy.
• Work with a Team Lead and internal clients to track, design and/or implement solutions for business unit-specific deployments of the global strategy.
• Guide and/or mentor more junior members of the team
• Contribute to coordination, tracking, and communication of progress, issues and forecasts within the team and across multiple sites
• Contribute documentation and demonstration internally to the team and internal clients
Skills and Experience
• At least 5 years of experience in a technical role in a media/content-centric industry (VFX / AA or AAA Games etc.)
• At least 1 of those years in a senior role Degree in a STEM field, Technical Animation, or demonstrable equivalent knowledge.
• Strong knowledge and dexterity developing in Python and early to intermediate knowledge of C++.
• Comfortable working in a Linux environment.
• Knowledge of at least one major DCC API (Maya, Houdini etc.)
• Familiar with structured development practices (Version Control, issue management, progress tracking.)
• Intimate understanding and vision around one or more of Asset Management Systems, Production Management System, USD, and willing to catch up to the rest.
• Strong communication skills towards both a technical/developer audience and non-developer competent users
• Understanding and appreciation for UX and the ability to demonstrate and iterate ideas through prototypes that might include a GUI
Nice to Have
Nobody is expected to tick all the following boxes, but if you do or are very keen to acquire such knowledge on the job, please mention it!
• Expert-level user knowledge or implementation experience on a popular DCC application (Maya, Houdini etc.)
• Expert-level user knowledge or implementation experience on a mainstream Game Engine (Unreal, Unity, etc.)
• Familiarity with Shotgun Windows development experience
• Applied knowledge of USD Knowledge of LUA or MEL An affinity for DevOps Comfortable working with large legacy codebases.
• Intermediate or above C++ knowledge/experience Experience with, and interest in, data design and parametrization
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6j9xq-3-233-221-90-42 in your application.