Games Asset - Environment Artist
Technicolor Animation and Games is home to some of the world's most recognizable and respectable episodic animated shows. Our relationships and reputation run incredibly deep within the top animation production houses. The team at Animation and Games includes very passionate and driven artists who are involved in creating wonders in animation and assets.
The role of R&D Programmer includes designing, implementing and managing software programs within our Technology team.
At times it also includes testing and evaluating new programs, identifying areas for modification in existing programs and subsequently developing these modifications.
Essentials & other must have skills
• Strong scripting and plug-in writing skills. Proficiency in programming languages like C++, scripting languages like MEL or Python, Maya API. Ability to create highly polished and functional UI for Maya scripts and tools.
• Should have hands on experience in developing tools and programs
• Should be able to write and implement codes efficiently
• Investigate new techniques and implement them within the team.
• Be up to date with changes in technology, in terms of hardware, CG Tools, and new workflow techniques.
• Set up the systems of production and solve problems as they arise, alleviate technical bottlenecks for the art team, and free up the asset team to focus on asset creation.
• Must have strong technical skills and advanced Maya experience, and the ability to create competent art in Maya. Experience with various software packages including Houdini, Nuke, Photoshop, Zbrush/Mudbox.
• Ability to communicate clearly with both technical and art departments, articulating both the needs of the art team and the limitations of tech.
Any of the following experience is a great advantage:
• Engineering in Computer science or MCA degree
• Three to five years of TV production experience.
The details above provide an outline of the key requirements for candidates to apply for a role in this department. At Animation & Games, R&D Team, we have a number of job classifications within our R&D/ Technical team structure. These are broadly:
• Junior Technical Artist/ Junior Programmer: 0-4 Years
• Technical Artist/ Programmer: 4-7 Years
• Senior Technical Artist/ Senior Programmer :7+ Years
Basis the candidate's test and/ or interview performance and other evaluation criteria the management will decide upon the designation.