MPC is a leading player in VFX & responsible for creating some of the phenomenal affects for legendary titles such as Disney's The Lion King & The Jungle Book, Blade Runner 2049, & the X Men series. We have studios all over the globe with teams of creative experts & cutting edge digital knowhow.
This is a fast pace, successful business where a passion for films is key as well as an ability to analyze & question numbers across a wide spectrum whilst business partnering to the operational side of the business & ensuring financial compliance is adhered to.
The role will be responsible for all aspects of Project Accounting for the Montreal studio; responsible for forecasting & tracking actual project costs, as well as providing financial support to all producers & other stakeholders in Global sites.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
Show / Production:
• Perform cost analysis of projects using existing toolset.
• Develop & improve existing toolsets to drive efficiencies & create better control processes around Revenue Recognition, Financial Forecasting & Project Financials.
• Support producers to;
o Prepared detailed cost estimates for the run of the projects & provide insight on opportunities & risks.
o Provide bidding & financial support. Report & analyze the profitability of bids. Quality check & approval
o Produce regular cost projection reports & analysis on all projects.
o In providing financial reconciliation of their additional costs.
o Calculate Film Tax Rebate implications because of moving work across different sites.
o Forecast & update project payment schedule changes.
• Provide analysis to MD, Executive Producers & other stakeholders on project profitability and opportunities & risks
• Build & maintain data sheets for use by various departments across the business.
• Report, forecast & analyze future revenues & cost projections for Montreal projects.
• Provide ad-hoc administrative support to the production department.
Prepare & present the following reporting:
o Project P&Ls –reviewed with Producers, presented to Finance Team & Executive Producers.
o Ensure project alignment between international studios.
o Cash Forecasting- Prepare & present bi-weekly
o Payroll reconciliation (bi-weekly) – prepared / presented to other Production Accountants.
o Month end revenue recognition – prepared & presented to finance team.
o Ensure revenue recognition process is followed to audit standards & provide audit with the relevant documentation.
o Variance Analysis – perform analysis & commentary to finance team.
o Provide Direct/Indirect labor analysis & forecast for the Montreal facility.
o Perform tax incentive & eligible labor calculations as well as crew lists for Technicolor Tax Accountant for each project.
o Perform annual budget revenues & direct margin for the studio.
• Possess a flair for numbers with an ability to think big-picture whilst maintaining attention to detail.
• Ability to effectively communicate with both financial & non-financial stakeholders.
• Excellent analytical, written & verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to be proactive & self-driven with the capacity to work in a dynamic environment.
• A team player with ability to trouble-shoot & collaborate with business partners such as Production, Business Development, Workforce Planning & HR.
• High level of professionalism, integrity & commitment.
• Ability to manage their time & prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure with a strong sense of urgency to achieve results.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, Sumifs etc.).
• Ability to create & work in complex financial models.
• Undergraduate degree in Accounting / Business / Commerce.
• Recognized professional accounting qualification.
• VFX industry knowledge is an advantage but not required.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d200v7-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.