Technicolor Creative Studios is the division which contains Technicolor's world leading Visual effects and Animation brands such as MPC, Mr X, The Mill, and Mikros.
Technicolor's brands have worked on the spectacular scenes and tiny details that make movies, advertising campaigns and Animation movies truly mind-blowing. We're the people behind the effects in countless blockbuster films like The Lion King, The Spongebob Movie: Sponge on the Run and advertising campaigns for clients such as Samsung, Audi, Nike and Apple.
We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come in everyday to be a part of some of the best work in the industry. When you join the team, you'll be working with and learning from the most skilled people in the business.
With a full slate of incredibly high profile pictures for 2021 and 2022, and renewed efforts to harmonize the technology stack across Business Units, MPC is at the centre of an exciting modernization and retooling of its pipeline, continuing to push boundaries on scale, performance, and artist experience.
This is a great opportunity for a an ambitious late-stage junior wishing to step up, or an established mid-level developer wishing to work at the largest scale, to join an incredible team.
If you are passionate about data, architecture, artist and TD quality of life, and want to make meaningful contributions to one of the most productive environments in the industry, we want to hear from you!
• Hands on implementation of core parts of the technology stack between the backend and asset/shot authoring (with feedback or overlap on the neighbouring stack elements as necessary/comfortable)
• Work with a Team Lead and senior developers to ensure implementation and deployment conform to the larger plan
• Work senior developers and users to track, reproduce and assess issues, opportunity for improvements, and performance
• Contribute to coordination, tracking, and communication of progress, issues and forecasts within the team and across multiple sites
• Contribute documentation and demonstration internally to the team, and assist Lead and Seniors in demonstrating to internal clients (or present directly if you're a stage kind of person!)
Skills and Experience
• Experience in a technical role in a media/content centric industry (VFX / AA or AAA Games etc.) Demonstrable knowledge or degree of the basics of computer science or a related STEM field
• Intermediate knowledge and dexterity developing in Python, and interest in other applicable languages (C#, C++, Webdev) Comfortable working in a Linux environment
• Knowledge of at least one major DCC API (Maya, Houdini etc.)
• Familiar with Version Control and comfortable, or willing to adapt to, review practices (Pull Requests, structured development etc.) Understanding of the problem space in one or more of: Asset Management Systems, Production Management System, USD, and willing to catch up to the rest
• Understanding and appreciation for UX and/or GUI development
Nice to have skills and experience
Nobody is expected to tick all the following boxes; but if you do, or you're very keen to acquire such knowledge on the job, please make sure you mention it!
• Intermediate (or better) level user knowledge or implementation experience on a popular DCC application (Maya, Hourini etc.) Intermediate (or better) level user knowledge or implementation experience on a mainstream Game Engine (Unreal, Unity, Godot etc.) Familiarity with Shotgun
• Windows development experience
• Comfortable working with large legacy codebases.
• Applied knowledge of USD
• Knowledge of LUA or MEL
• An affinity for DevOps
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6n1e9-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.