Production Coordinator - Business Tools & Intelligence
Technicolor Production Services is the division with Technicolor which contain Technicolor's world leading Visual effects and Animation brands such as MPC, Mr X, The Mill, and Mikros.
Technicolor's brands have worked on the spectacular scenes and tiny details that make movies, advertising campaigns and Animation movies truly mind-blowing. We're the people behind the effects in countless blockbuster films like The Lion King, The Spongebob Movie: Sponge on the Run and advertising campaigns for clients such as Samsung, Audi, Nike and Apple. We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come in everyday to be a part of some of the best work in the industry.
When you join the team, you'll be working with and learning from the most skilled people in the business.
We are hiring for a ShotManager Developer to work in the Core Engineering team.
The SM team is responsible for overseeing the implementation of the BU specific secure end-to-end data life cycle management of content across a locally unified file system. The team is also responsible for building a solution which provides solution to check on data uses.
In this role, your responsibilities will include;
• Work with your colleagues to fix bugs, develop features, and define new services from start to finish.
• Responsible for implementing several concurrent, high visibility projects in a fast-paced environment that may cross multiple business unit and/or divisions but focus on show delivery for Technicolor FTV, specifically MPC and Mill.
• Communicate tasks, challenges, and workflows across a globally distributed team.
• Advocate for professional standards of development.
• Troubleshoot problems across different levels of the stack, and in production environments.
• Take responsibility for code quality, always leaving projects in better state than before you started work. Contribute to maintaining an authoritative source of documentation.
• Evangelise use of the Core Platform within MPC and other Technicolor business units.
• Take initiative to improve the developer experience in small or large ways.
• Provide some level of operational support for the platform as required.
To succeed in the role, the following experience and competencies are required;
• Production-level experience using Perl for desktop applications, service backends or development infrastructure.
• SQL and general database knowledge for query writing and optimisation.
• Well versed with Linux and its basic commands.
• Degree, or equivalent, in a computer science or related engineering subject.
• Experience using development best practices.
• Comfortable in writing complex DB queries.
• Exposure in one of sync technologies/protocol - Rsync, FTP, Aspera
• Familiarity with source control, in particular Git, and associated best practices. Comfortable working in a primarily Linux based development and runtime environment.
• Solid knowledge of testing principles, in particular TDD and/or BDD.
• Proven problem-solving skills around technical, product and business requests.
• Be able to consider a technical solution from different perspectives, including algorithms, complexity, correctness, maintainability. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Be self-motivated and demonstrate strong organisational skills.
Previous experience in the VFX industry is not required to be successful in this role.
Nice to Have
The following are not essential to be successful in the role, however prior experience or the desire to grow in these areas will be of benefit;
• Exposure to writing Perl based Web services. Knowledge of Perl packages and frameworks.
• Cross-platform development on Windows and OS X.
• Knowledge of Python packages and frameworks such as Flask, PyQt, PyMySQL, etc.
• Experience of Agile and lean methodologies, and an interest in process improvement in these areas.
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment where requirements change.
• Able to present technical concepts to a broad audience with varying level of technical understanding.
• An awareness of security and keeping content secure.