Software Developer - Finishing / Render
Technicolor Production Services is the division with Technicolor which contain Technicolor's world leading Visual effects and Animation brands such as MPC, Mr X, The Mill, and Mikros.
Technicolor's brands have worked on the spectacular scenes and tiny details that make movies, advertising campaigns and Animation movies truly mind-blowing. We're the people behind the effects in countless blockbuster films like The Lion King, The Spongebob Movie: Sponge on the Run and advertising campaigns for clients such as Samsung, Audi, Nike and Apple. We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come in everyday to be a part of some of the best work in the industry.
When you join the team, you'll be working with and learning from the most skilled people in the business.
We have an opening for a Mid-level Software Developer for our Compositing R&D team in Bangalore.
Here you will be part of highly committed and expert team working towards advancement of our post production pipeline. As a Mid developer you will be expected to make significant contributions towards the advancement of our post production pipelines.
• Work with Lead to ensure that implementations are consistent with overall Software department strategy. Communication of tasks, challenges and workflows across a globally distributed team.
• Work with teams cross site in the development of Creative tools for a multisite studio.
Skills and Experience
• Experience in a VFX facility (or equivalent industry).
• Knowledge of Python and QT.
• Intermediate knowledge of key VFX application APIs – Nuke and Nuke Studio
• Strong understanding of Compositing workflows.
• Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a Technical Animation Degree.
• Competency with Linux operating system and developing on this platform.
• Experience using development best practices and source control systems like git.
• Experience designing simple UX for complex back end functionality.
• Experience with asset management APIs and dependency handling.
Desirable skills are advantageous, but not strictly necessary.
We don't expect candidates to tick ALL the boxes, but if you have any of the following in any combination they will be highly regarded. If you don't, a keen interest in learning more on the job about some combination will be important.
• Experience and understanding of OCIO (Open Color IO) and LUTs
• Understanding of CDL and EDL
• Exposure to any Asset Management and Project Management systems (Shotgun) and their APIs Knowledge of creating custom Gizmos and groups
• Highly committed and able to work independently and as a team.
• Positive attitude towards learning.
• Extremely organized with good communication skills and an excellent attention to detail.
• Deadline orientated and ability to remain calm in a fast-paced and highly pressure environment.