Lead Software Developer - Shotwork (Houdini/FX)
We have an opening for a Lead Software Developer with broad responsibilities over our FX work, and our Houdini integration.
We are looking for a leader to join our team and contribute significantly to the quality of our renowned FX work, and the toolkit supporting it.
The ideal candidate is deeply knowledgeable of Houdini, has a solid understanding of FX related computer graphics and their fundamentals, and understands the important of service and technology integration and the pipeline delivering to TDs and artists.
• Work with a mix of local and remote Team Members to ensure realistic planning, scheduling, and regular deliveries of the results to internal clients
• Mentor more junior team members, and share and grow with your peers
• Help the team and/or the project to remain accountable for the deliveries and work directly with Technical and Department management
• Design, architect and shape implementation of FX workflow, simulation tools, and Houdini/FX pipeline integration.
• Builds and maintain relationships with internal clients (VFX Supervisors, Head of Department etc.)
Essential skills are those you have matured professionally, or have been practicing personally for a length of time and can demonstrate achievements in (e.g. personal repository, demos etc.)
• 5+ years in a creative industry in a technical role (Film, Episodic, Commercials)
• Experience leading a team with demonstrable experience of having delivered products and/or services to a client (internal or external)
• Technical STEM Degree, or equivalent applied knowledge
• A strong understanding of FX workflow and the constituents of high-quality shots.
• A strong understanding of the mathematical fundamentals of simulation
• Deep Knowledge of Python both within and outside of DCC clients
• Pixar USD and Solaris (or keen to learn fast)
• Knowledge of Houdini's API and Scripting options (Python SDK and Vex)
• Able to work in a multi-cultural, multi-site large organization
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work in a structure development environment (Version Control, Issue tracking, task tracking etc.)
Desirable skills are advantageous, but not strictly necessary.
We don't expect candidates to tick ALL the boxes, but if you have any of the following in any combination they will be highly regarded. If you don't, a keen interest in learning more on the job about some combination will be important.
• C++ Programming (highly desirable)
• Houdini HDK
• Simulation, implementation and/or frameworks
• Epic Unreal, Operation
• Maya, Operation and SDK
• Katana, Operation and SDK
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dykpmk-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.