Technicolor Creative Studios is the division which contains Technicolor's world leading Visual effects and Animation brands such as MPC, Mr X, The Mill, and Mikros.
Technicolor's brands have worked on the spectacular scenes and tiny details that make movies, advertising campaigns and Animation movies truly mind-blowing. We're the people behind the effects in countless blockbuster films like The Lion King, The Spongebob Movie: Sponge on the Run and advertising campaigns for clients such as Samsung, Audi, Nike and Apple.
We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come in everyday to be a part of some of the best work in the industry. When you join the team, you'll be working with and learning from the most skilled people in the business.
We have an opening for a Lead Software Developer for our Post Production R&D team in Bangalore. Here you will be leading a highly committed and expert team, continuously developing features and optimizing our Compositing, Roto-prep, RotoAnim and Matchmove workflows. As a Lead developer you will be expected to have, and granted to exercise, a high degree of autonomy and to make significant contributions towards the advancement of our post production pipelines.
Mentoring more junior team members and participating in cross functional teams and efforts, and being considerate and assertive, are very important qualities at this level of operations.
• As a Lead you will ensure that implementations are consistent with overall Software department strategy.
• Work with and mentor more junior members of the team to help resolve issues and solve problems.
• Communication of tasks, challenges and workflows across a globally distributed team.
• Contribute technical and user facing documentation.
• Work with teams cross site in the development of Creative tools for a multisite studio
Skills and Experience
• At least 8+ years of experience in a VFX facility (or equivalent industry).
• Advanced knowledge of Python.
• Strong knowledge of key VFX application APIs - Maya and Nuke
• Strong understanding of Compositing, Roto-prep, RotoAnim and Matchmove workflows. Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a Technical Animation Degree. Competency with Linux operating system and developing on this platform.
• Experience using development best practices and source control systems like git. Experience designing simple UX for complex back end functionality.
• Experience with asset management APIs and dependency handling.
• Highly committed and able to work independently and as a team.
• Positive attitude towards learning.
• Extremely organized with good communication skills and an excellent attention to detail. Deadline orientated and ability to remain calm in a fast-paced and highly pressure environment.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the dynamic world of visual effects. If you are an ambitious software developer looking for an opportunity to work with cutting edge technology then we look forward to your application.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm5mzv-3-215-79-116-42 in your application.