Technicolor Production Services is the division which contains Technicolor's world leading Visual effects and Animation brands such as MPC, Mr X, The Mill, and Mikros.
Technicolor's brands have worked on the spectacular scenes and tiny details that make movies, advertising campaigns and Animation movies truly mind-blowing. We're the people behind the effects in countless blockbuster films like The Lion King, The Spongebob Movie: Sponge on the Run and advertising campaigns for clients such as Samsung, Audi, Nike and Apple.
We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come in everyday to be a part of some of the best work in the industry. Technicolor's artists are wildly creative, uber talented and passionate about the possibilities of VFX, Experiential, Animation and Technology. When you join the team, you'll be working with and learning from the most skilled people in the business.
Reporting to the Head of Creative Operations, The Head of Assets is responsible for day-to-day operations and long-term strategic management of the department.
Managing the team:
• Manage the recruitment, training and integration of new artists into the existing team in accordance with the global needs of the business
• Assign appropriate teams to the various projects, balancing the technical and creative considerations of the task
• Nurture creative vision and technical ability, while ensuring balanced personal and professional development
• Assess performance of the team through appraisals (formal as well as informal), and manage salaries and promotions within the wider considerations of the company
• Ensure that appropriate training is being provided to the department to hit the requirements of our shows
• Main point of contact for, and directly responsible for Asset Supervisors
• Identify suitable staff to develop leadership roles within the company and ensure feedback and development plans are carried out
Strategy and technical development:
• Have a compelling strategy and vision for the future of the department
• Keep up to date with industry developments and tools
• Ensure the department remains relevant in an ever-changing global industry
• Propose and oversee the development of new tools, workflows or techniques as required for successful and efficient delivery of shows
• Ensure the department's working practices are in alignment with the studio's global strategies
• Monitor, measure and report on issues and opportunities within agreed formats and timescales
Show planning and delivery:
• Work with the lead artists, supervisors and show production to bid or plan Assets/pitches, and ensure the project methodologies, quality and schedule expectations are consistent and achievable
• Create good communication channels with other departments, show production and senior management to ensure complex information is disseminated appropriately
• Ensure that work is delivered to studio's global standards, on time and on budget
• Assist other artists, departments and supervisors solve issues as they arise during production, delegating work where necessary
• In-depth knowledge of the Asset process, from Concept through to final Asset
• Thorough knowledge of the pipeline and therefore how the Asset work is received by downstream departments
• Proven leadership and management experience in a leading VFX company or associated industry
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
• Exercise patience, problem-solving and mediation skills
• Ability to cope with stressful situations and conflict with composure
• Ability to work in an inclusive and diverse organization
• Strong creative ability and flair
• Strong sense of aesthetic
• Excellent team building skills
• Strong business acumen
• Understanding of financial impacts of business decisions
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d87p6m-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.