At The Focus we recognize that great visual effects can only be produced with great talent. The most advanced technologies can only go so far without talented people wielding them. This is why we created the Focus, a careers hub for professionals enabling them to advance in their career and make the best of their experience in the creative industry. Supported by a team of experts, The Focus provides career guidance, learning opportunities and industry insights, while offering access to a portfolio of award-winning creative studios around the world. Our vision is to build a diverse community of professionals from all backgrounds by improving access to the creative industry.
The Focus is looking for a Graphic Designer with a track record in producing compelling creative work and an interest in film, broadcast and entertainment media.
The role will primarily provide design support for The Focus marketing team in helping to deliver recruitment campaigns and branding, by promoting the work delivered by our leading VFX studios from pre-production through to final VFX. This is a global role working across locations, including: London, LA, Toronto, Montreal, Adelaide, and Bangalore and provides an opportunity to support across the wider Film & Episodic business.
The Graphic Designer works closely with the Focus team, the Creative Director and the marketing leads for each of the brands and reports to the Focus marketing manager.
What You'll Do:
• Deliver creative visual assets, digital static and motion design that brings our brand to life
• Design compelling social layouts that support social messaging
• Concept and develop content for social campaigns
• Work closely with our Creative Director in LA to come up with new concepts and artwork design for use across all channels and templates whilst ensuring brand consistency
• Collaborate with our marketing, recruitment, and internal teams to deliver the best solutions for our projects
• Become a brand ambassador by owning and supporting of our new brand guidelines, making sure our brand is consistently used and supporting others in understanding and implementing them
• Take ownership of projects, from concept through to completion
• Work across multiple project deadlines
• Quick turnaround on producing creative and topical social media graphics
• Proactive presentation of new ideas
What You'll Need:
• Proven experience as a visual, brand, and/or motion designer
• Proven experience with Adobe Creative Cloud apps
• Proficiency in AfterEffects, PremierePro, and other video-based software
• Must have a broad and highly skilled portfolio of work across 2D, 3D, layout, typography, style frames and branding.
• A natural DIY ethos: what you can concept, you can also create
• Has a proven ability to produce cutting-edge creative work and a passion for and understanding of design, including typography and layout.
• Embraces challenges and new methods of thinking
• Experience in creating visual designs and videos for websites and social platforms
• Your skills and visual output will be at the heart of our creative output, so you must be on the search for new and innovative design ideas.
Any of the following technical skills is a bonus:
• Creating hi-fidelity product designs, design ideas, user flows, wireframes, sitemaps and prototypes
• UX and interaction design
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d55w13-34-239-160-86-42 in your application.