Technicolor Creative Studios is the division which contains Technicolor's world leading Visual effects and Animation brands such as MPC, Mr X, The Mill, and Mikros.
Technicolor's brands have worked on the spectacular scenes and tiny details that make movies, advertising campaigns and Animation movies truly mind-blowing. We're the people behind the effects in countless blockbuster films like The Lion King, The Spongebob Movie: Sponge on the Run and advertising campaigns for clients such as Samsung, Audi, Nike and Apple.
We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come in everyday to be a part of some of the best work in the industry. When you join the team, you'll be working with and learning from the most skilled people in the business.
We are looking to employ a talented, experienced individual to join the Global Systems Architecture (GSA) group.
The GSA oversees the technical coordination between the site Systems and Core Engineering teams and provides the operational strategy for our Global Systems Architecture.
It also ensures that the global infrastructure continues to meet the needs of Technicolor Creative Studios businesses and drives innovation to deliver both increased capability, security and optimize overall costs.
• Work as part of a global team across all Business Units and Industry Service Lines in Technicolor Creative Studios.
• Reports to the Manager of Global Systems Architecture.
• Architect service/infrastructure designs and operational processes to meet business strategies
• Drive the ongoing improvement of infrastructure and operations while ensuring costs are kept within agreed limits.
• Recommend and drive adoption of new Cloud technologies to improve our services.
• Provide guidance to the global community of site Systems teams to improve service and optimize infrastructure across all Service Lines.
• Review all site infrastructure and operations against acceptable standards, working with local Systems and Head of Technology on remediation plans where improvement is required
• Evaluate and recommend new technologies
• Stay up to date on technology developments outside of Technicolor
• Establish high level monitoring of all sites to understand changing workloads and how to adapt systems to optimize performance
• Ensure all sites apply lessons learned from major issues/improvements discovered at other sites
• Promote methods and standards for systems performance monitoring and optimization
• Ensure that Global Content Security policies are adhered to and report any suspected incidents
• Participate in disaster recovery design and implementation
• Collaborate with Global IT and Core Engineering to resolve more complex issues, design, specification and deployment of new technology
• Develop documentation of new services or infrastructure for Operations teams
• Work with Head of Technology on capacity planning to ensure that production needs are resourced with the most appropriate technology
• Mentor and train other Technology team members
• Any other duties that may reasonably be required
• Previous senior Systems Administration experience required
• Working knowledge of Networking, Systems, Security, and cloud technologies
• Familiarity with common enterprise services (Directory Services, VDI, VMWare, Storage, configuration management tools)
• Advanced working experience with Linux operating system
• Proficiency in at least one scripting language - bash/python/Powershell
• Media and entertainment workflow experience a plus
• Ability to interact with different personalities (managers, directors, IT experts, production teams, etc.)
• Ability to work in a dynamic environment with multiple competing priorities and deadline constraints requiring rapid turnarounds
• Strong analytical and problem solving abilities, strong written and oral communication skills, solid judgment, reasoning, and decision making abilities
• Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
• High attention to detail
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d89be9-44-192-54-67-42 in your application.