Remote / Virtual
Technicolor Production Services is the division with Technicolor which contain Technicolor's world leading Visual effects and Animation brands such as MPC, Mr X, The Mill, and Mikros. Technicolor's brands have worked on the spectacular scenes and tiny details that make movies, advertising campaigns and Animation movies truly mind-blowing. We're the people behind the effects in countless blockbuster films like 1917, The Lion King, The Spongebob Movie: Sponge on the Run and advertising campaigns for clients such as Samsung, Audi, Nike and Apple.
We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come in every day to be a part of some of the best work in the industry. Technicolor's artists are wildly creative, uber talented and passionate about the possibilities of VFX, Experiential, Animation and Technology. When you join the team, you'll be working with and learning from the most skilled people in the business.
This role will oversee the entire Technicolor Production Services Workforce Planning function. It is a strategic role standardizing workforce planning & deployment policies, processes, measurement and KPIs across PS, as well as overseeing the medium- to long-term planning and forecasting across PS services lines and locations. This oversight will include management of direct reports.
This is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities as the nature of our business requires all employees to be flexible, self-motivated and to think creatively when presented with challenges.
• Assess workforce planning processes across the business and lead process transformation programmes where required to inject best-practice workforce planning capabilities uniformly across the service lines.
• Partner with Production Services executive leadership and Recruitment leadership to inform and enable the multi-year strategic workforce deployment roadmap across locations, brands, and service type.
• Lead strategic forecasting of the global Technicolor PS workforce needs, in order to:
• Ensure sufficient staffing and crewing levels to allow our Service Lines to deliver their projects on time and on budget.
• Ensure efficient and profitable utilisation of staff and crew across the Service Line.
• Ensure the allocation of billable talent is done within PS WFP guidelines.
• Partner with New Business to ensure they have the most up to date view of resource availability to allow certainty and profitability in bidding.
• Partner with The Focus, The Academy and the Talent & People organization to deliver ramp-up and ramp-down strategies, minimising idle costs and crewing shortfalls.
• Direct management of Service Line Workforce Planning Leadership, recognising their dotted line responsibilities to their SL, brands, and/or locations.
• Arbitrate PS-wide WFP disputes / resource conflicts and act as the final escalation point for resourcing conflicts.
• Partner with PS Facilities leadership to ensure medium- and long-term facilities requirements are forecasted, given in-studio, hot-desking, and work-from-home policies and capabilities.
• Deliver global standards and long-term improvements to the WFP processes and procedures, enabling:
• Increased forecasting accuracy, to ensure shows and facilities are realistically and sufficiently resourced.
• Improved global request and approval workflows so that resourcing data is as timely, accurate, and automated/effortless as possible.
• A robust issues-escalation capability to effectively generate timely decisions and actions by the right team at the right level and without unnecessary hesitation or delay.
• Work with the PS Business Tools & Intelligence team to deliver powerful, standardized reporting to the business, as well as continual improvement in DASH and related business systems.
• Ad hoc business projects.
Engagement and Proposition
• Champion a steady, positive, transparent and productive culture of high performance, supporting Technicolor PS as a global industry leader in creative services; be an advocate of diversity and inclusivity; and act as an ambassador to promote Technicolor PS.
Required Skills & Experience
• Experience designing resource scheduling, workforce planning, or other operational / fulfilment logistics capabilities and workflows.
• Advanced experience synthesizing data analytics and/or quantitative models into specific and actionable business recommendations.
• State-of-the-art quantitative analysis and numerical interpretation skills
• Strong problem-solving, consulting, and presentation/communication abilities
• Proficient with analytical platforms such as Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, and Board.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (e.g. Macros, VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, Sum Ifs) and ability to create and work in complex data models; experience building reports and analytics dashboards.
• Strong attention to detail.
• VFX or Animation experience while favourable is not required
• Commercial acumen – an understanding of wider business strategy is desired as well as communicating timely requirements to the Production Services Executive Leadership Team.
• Organisational skills – personal efficiency; time management; ability to prioritize competing demands; a critical thinker who works well under pressure
• Integrity and ability not to shy away from reporting the difficulties we may be facing.
• Decisiveness in the face of change and uncertainty.
• A trusted confidante on financials and business strategy; some exposure to talent management is beneficial.
• Strong line management skills at all levels and an ability to foster and manage a team across locations and time zones.
• Ability to deal with conflict between the business units and projects whilst remaining impartial and determining the best outcome for the business.
• Ability to engage and manage multiple stakeholders with differing objectives
• Confidence to chair regular meetings with the Global Exec/Senior Management teams.