Business Partner- Olympics
London, United Kingdom
Technicolor Production Services is the division with Technicolor which contain Technicolor's world leading Visual effects and Animation brands such as MPC, Mr X, The Mill, and Mikros.
Technicolor's brands have worked on the spectacular scenes and tiny details that make movies, advertising campaigns and Animation movies truly mind-blowing. We're the people behind the effects in countless blockbuster films like The Lion King, The Spongebob Movie: Sponge on the Run and advertising campaigns for clients such as Samsung, Audi, Nike and Apple.
We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come in everyday to be a part of some of the best work in the industry. Technicolor's artists are wildly creative, uber talented and passionate about the possibilities of VFX, Experiential, Animation and Technology. When you join the team, you'll be working with and learning from the most skilled people in the business.
The Global Head of Talent is a business partner and is responsible for guiding, managing, and providing strategy on the Talent function to the Advertising service line. The Global Head of Talent is to work with the Advertising leadership team to develop an effective company culture whilst ensuring alignment to our global framework and strategy; this includes shaping and planning, overseeing implementation of objectives as well as managing financials and driving business levels of Talent related processes across a brand.
As a senior member of the Talent organisation and the Advertising team, your approach will inform, support and implement change programmes such as business transformation and organisation redesign across the Advertising service line, but also grow a corporate culture and an agile Talent approach that fosters a fast learning, iterative and continuously improving organisation.
This role can be based in either London or Los Angeles and we are considering candidates in both locations. The post for the LA role can be found here - https://smrtr.io/4D4ZS
If you are eligible to work in both locations please indicate this in your application.
What you'll do:
Leadership and Business Partnering
• Be a key partner to the Advertising leadership team
• Be a mentor, ambassador and representative of the culture
• Actively drive and influence people's behaviour and actions to ensure they are aligned with the company values, vision and mission
• Facilitate the process to grow internal cohesion and a shared culture
• Facilitate leaders and ensure management walk the talk and are held accountable for their respective area
• Support the motivation leadership teams in order to meet or surpass objectives that are in line with global direction
• Encourage maximum performance and dedication from all employees, but focus on the development of leadership capability throughout the organisation
• Connect with a broad range of audiences through compelling stories to align people to the values and mission
• Promote communication between colleagues for the benefit of information flow and to curb any problems that arise, including developing an internal comms strategy with Marketing and Leadership teams
• Architect and Develop a strategic Talent plans accounting for financial opportunities; present assumptions; recommend objectives
• Gather, evaluate, and ultimately interpret that data to devise and deliver talent strategy (including informing the needs for Academies and other development/access programs)
• Have a strong grasp of the business model, industry dynamics and competitive landscape, and how all those components impact human capital– from hiring and performance to diversity and inclusion to develop talent strategies
• Apply a commercial and strategic decision-making process to all aspect to the Talent
• Responsibility for working with Marketing and leadership on engagement and communications strategy- ensuring cohesion between internal and external proposition
• Ensure management and leadership has a key understanding of employee engagement and the impact on the bottom line
Talent Objective Drivers and Development
• To coordinate with all aspects of the business to make sure the people narratives support and align with the talent positing
• Strategise on the need to identify and retain talent (in the right space at the right time for the right cost), as well as identify skill gaps, high potential employee and conduct succession planning in a highly competitive environment
• Ensure the wider Talent team services (HR Operations, L&D, Recruitment) are driving the need to have the right employees in the right place at the right time for the service line
• Architect strategies to manage constant and rapid changes in a manner that retains key talent and culture while supporting the direction of change in a positive way
• Lead and partner with the leadership team to coach and guide in talent attraction, retention and development, contract and policy application, performance management, training and development, and compensation practices
• Drive teams to develop and deliver management development programmes, whilst taking the responsibility for up-skilling leadership teams on a day to day basis
• Leverage resources across the business and the Talent function to drive learning, training and development opportunities and abilities
• Work in collaboration with an HR Operations to drive the service delivery, company policies, procedures and employee experience
• Representative of the whole of the Talent function to the business leaders, including work in collaboration with Recruitment, L&D on global initiatives ensuring they implemented, but also to ensure the business requirements are met and communicated
Compensation, Financial Management and Workforce planning
• Maintain and manage labour budgets, including pay review cycles, labour forecast and bonus management and understand the impact on the profitability of the organisation
• Management and budgeting of other spend within the talent group for the Advertising service line
Standards and planning
• Maintain quality by establishing and enforcing the talent standards
• Oversee the implementation of Talent initiatives and strategies to ensure they are effectively adopted by the local studio/brands
• Analyse the current people process with the HR Operations on a regular basis process and proactively recommend changes in-line with the overall strategy
• Work with workforce planning and HR Operations to oversee high volume project based environment and the impact on talent in the context of changing work demands, options with management and immigration implications
What you'll need:
• Professional expertise – A strong working knowledge within a similar role
• Organisational skills – personal efficiency, time management skills and the ability to prioritise competing demands are key
• Communication skills – ability to lead a team, manage diverse personalities and viewpoints; the ability to build relationships and collaborate with others is vital
• Commercial acumen – strategic decision-making within the business as an influencer. Being able to understand company finances, resourcing and the ultimate aims of the business is important
• Role modelling – demonstrate and lead on the values, initiatives and culture of an organisation
• Professional expertise – A strong working knowledge of employment
Technicolor is home to the world's premiere portfolio of visual effects brands, services, and creative innovations. With locations that span the globe, and service offerings tailored to the specific creative and storytelling needs of each project, we power premium content. Our diverse family of VFX brands includes: MPC, The Mill, MR. X, Mikros MPC Advertising, and Technicolor VFX. Each studio has their own unique approach to help storytellers create out of this world experiences.