Global Head Of PMO, Technology
Remote / Virtual
Technicolor Production Services is the division with Technicolor which contain Technicolor's world leading Visual effects and Animation brands such as MPC, Mr X, The Mill, and Mikros.
Technicolor's brands have worked on the spectacular scenes and tiny details that make movies, advertising campaigns and Animation movies truly mind-blowing. We're the people behind the effects in countless blockbuster films like The Lion King, The Spongebob Movie: Sponge on the Run and advertising campaigns for clients such as Samsung, Audi, Nike and Apple. We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come in everyday to be a part of some of the best work in the industry. Technicolor's artists are wildly creative, uber talented and passionate about the possibilities of VFX, Experiential, Animation and Technology. When you join the team, you'll be working with and learning from the most skilled people in the business.
About the Team and Our Work
Our status as a world-class VFX facility has been achieved through the development of industry-leading software which empowers our artists to create stunning imagery. We have curated a considerable portfolio of off-the-shelf and in-house software to meet these unique requirements and continue to evolve and improve our technology as new needs emerge. The Core Engineering team operates within a larger R&D division of Technicolor's Production Services to provide the business-critical infrastructure that enables multiple projects with thousands of shots to be simultaneously completed across the globe efficiently and to the highest quality.
A blend of globally distributed software, systems and operations experts, we are responsible for building and maintaining key infrastructure and services in collaboration with site-local engineering teams and other specialized development teams. With users in all areas of the company, our solution (the Core Platform) is based on a distributed micro-services environment providing capabilities in areas such as compute, storage, sync, and digital asset management. Development and operational support spans the stack from operating system through to desktop/web application front-ends.
In recognition of the flexibility, scalability and maturity of the Core Platform that has been created by the team for MPC, we have been tasked with establishing the Core Platform elsewhere, making it available to other business units that are part of Technicolor's portfolio.
• Growing and strengthening a first-class global team servicing multiple business units.
• Working with development leads and architects to define, implement and deliver projects at scale.
• Establishing and communicating direction, challenges and work-flows globally.
• Elevating skills within the team through mentoring and coaching.
• Building strong client and internal relationships at all levels of the business.
• Working with business leaders, the PMO and technical management in negotiating solutions and delivery schedules.
• Evangelizing platform strategies across all wider Technology group to secure agreement and support for our work.
• Improving our infrastructure and technologies and driving for new efficiencies and optimizations whilst maintaining the existing stack.
• Identifying missing skills and launching training initiatives to remedy.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Experience leading/managing large development teams.
• The ability to think logically, breaking down a problem into their component systems.
• Consistent track record of delivering high-value, high-impact projects at scale.
• Experience building roadmaps and long-term team vision in partnership with other engineering teams and business leadership.
• A passion for helping engineers develop new skills and advance in their careers.
• An understanding of what makes teams successful and what role a manager can play in that process.
• Superior engineering experience - including strong fundamentals of performance, microservices, databases, and scalability.
• Ability to weigh several, and often conflicting, constraints and make rapid decisions.
• Experience or knowledge of post-production, VFX or entertainment industries a plus.